FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Winamp Script Update (newest version Mar. 20th, 2007)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SReading

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Winamp Script Update (newest version Mar. 20th, 2007) Reply with quote

Update March 20, 2007 v.31
1. Bug: Couldn't see last track in Show Playlist.

Updates March 19, 2007 v.30
1. Feature: Added browse by album

2. Feature: Completely changed layout of main screen: Shows album art in upper left corner, upper right corner is spot in playlist, track number within album, next song in playlist (not necessarily next song that will be played because of shuffle and queue). Then bottom half shows track, artist, and album data. This allows more room for longer names than the iTunes layout does. Switching to showing artwork in background changes the display to only show the title of the track and artist name on the bottom two lines of the display to allow a better view of the cover.

3. Feature: Changed functionality of next option in the play menu (the one with as album, now, next, queue). Now it puts the file after the current file in the playlist and adds it to the queue so that it plays next even in shuffle mode.

4. Feature: Added Play "as album next" option to Search Artist, Browse By Artist, Browse By Album. Adds an album to the end of a playlist, queues the first track so it plays next, and turns shuffle off.

5. Feature: Changed final menu of Show Playlist so that once you have selected a track by title you can see the full Title, Artist, and Album while you choose Play, Change Order, or Queue. This way if you don't recognize a song name you can select it, see the info, and click back if it's not what you wanted. It is somewhat slower, but worth it I think.

6. Feature: Reordered options in the more menu to fit my usage better.

Updates Feb. 27, 2007 v.20
1. Feature: Added album art, and iTunes style layout system. Searches for folder.jpg inside the folder that the mp3 file is in and displays it if available.

2. Feature? Changed Show Playlist to avoid showing the entire playlist at once. I found myself avoiding this feature because 8000 song playlists take a long time to show up on the phone. Now it displays the playlist in 3 page chunks (71 songs at a time) with <-Back and Forward-> displayed in the list for navigation. I believe this will make this feature much more useful, since when moving files around in the playlist, one often only wants to move a nearby file. For those that desire more tracks shown at once, increase the pages variable on line 43 of Show Playlist.js.

Fixes Oct. 9, 2006 v.15
1. Bug: Did not queue tracks unless they were displayed within the playlist window. Can now queue any file in the current playlist.

Fixes Sept. 16, 2006. v.10

1. Bug: When Winamp was paused trying to play a file would change the playlist and the title correctly but the song that played would be the same one that had been paused. This works correctly now.

2. Fixed the Browse By Artist cache, which had been commented out for reasons unknown to me, to cut wait time from about 7 seconds on my computer before to about 2 now unless the Media Library has a different number of tracks since last time Browse was used.

3. Bug: Browse By Artist used to consider Radiohead and radiohead and RadioHead different artists, but then because of how it worked the contents were the same. Now capitalization is ignored and they'll be grouped as the same artist.

4. Feature?: Now if an artist tag starts with "The bandName" it will be considered "bandName, The" for purposes of sorting within Browse By Artist. If you don't like this, simply add two forward slashes before line 157 of Browse by Artist. I like it.

4. Integrated other people's scripts Search For Artist and Show Playlist into Winamp Remote and repositioned them in the menu where I thought they belonged...mwahahahaha. Both scripts are great and I thought they should be part of the main script by default.

5. Fixed the display order so that when inside an artist if you choose All for albums it displays tracks alphabetically and if you choose an album it displays according to the track number meta info so albums play in the right order.

6. Added a function Change Order in Show Playlist. When you click on a track in the playlist (in this example track1.mp3) you choose from Play, Change Order, and Queue. If you pick Change Order it will show the playlist again. Select another track (say, track2.mp3). track1.mp3 now moves after track2.mp3 .

winamp03-20-07.zip
 Description:
March 20, 2007

Download
 Filename:  winamp03-20-07.zip
 Filesize:  26.8 KB
 Downloaded:  27242 Time(s)

Last edited by SReading on Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:24 pm; edited 6 times in total
Junde

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know it is feature or bug, but i can only queue files which are visible on playlist in winamp.
It would be nice to can queue also files which are not visible..
SReading

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bug, but now it's fixed : ) Thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited by SReading on Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
SReading

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I have to bump this up to the top so people see it.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll link to this page from "http://www.salling.com/Clicker/windows/scripts.php", but could you please remove the old script attachment from the post above so that there's no confusion as to which to download?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="SReading"]I guess I have to bump this up to the top so people see it.[/quote]
SReading

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like devoting what little time you choose to be inside over spring break to ignoring school in favor of working on a salling clicker plugin.
ka0n

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Invisible text Reply with quote

Hello,

I have just installed salling clicker on my SE k750i everything works fine, to change songs, volume BUT I can't see anything written like song names, album or anything for that matter, I am using the plugin version from 19-03-07. I use a rather old version of winamp (2.95) but I don't think that should be a problem, I hate those new winamps they take so much time to open...

Thanks
ka0n

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, new winamp it works fine but then another thing came up. Songs with long names won't fit in the screen and also when I click in see playlist I can only see the song names, no author whatsoever is that normal?

Thanks
SReading

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what version of winamp you need. You definitely need ActiveWinamp: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=143299 , maybe it comes with Winamp 5 and that's the only reason the new version works and the old doesn't, I don't know. Only being able to see song names is normal, that's why I changed the screen when you click on it so you can see the artist and album. I realize it's not ideal, but adding the artist name seems like it would take up too much space when, as you said, most long names already don't fit. It is also normal for long names not to fit fully. It should scroll but I think it only does that once.
ka0n

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, but some things just seem strange to me. First I cannot get the album cover to show (renamed to folder.jpg on the same folder as the mp3). I also cannot rate the song (even though I don't need it). What does Browse by artist and Search artist suppose to do? Because here they just don't do nothing. When I click on Browse by artist nothing happens. By search I enter the name and then I come back to the main screen.

One request, couldn't you like add the feature to scroll through the songs like you do with the contact list? Example:

If the song title starts with S you press 7 4 times, if it starts with B you press 2 2 times. About the artist thing on the playlist maybe you can just scroll the whole line whenever you select the song (without clicking on it).

Thanks alot for the plugin

Last edited by ka0n on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
SReading

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some ideas for what your problem could be but I don't really know. If you would right click on Salling Clicker in the system tray and click Open Script Log and then copy and paste the errors here it would be helpful. One thing though, it probably has like 400 errors if you've been trying to get it to work repeatedly, so if you could clear it, save it, use the program again in ways that down't work and then paste only those errors it would be appreciated.

I thought of doing the song thing you suggest in the Browse Artist screen, but decided I didn't have enough artists to make it a high priority. Maybe at some point though. I think making a search by song screen wouldn't be very hard and would be relatively close to what you want, but I probably wouldn't use it myself. So until we get your stuff working so you could make use of it or someone else asks for it I probably won't make it.
ka0n

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I understand, I wish I could program this thing myself, maybe I will give it a go, I have done some stuff in java and C. So errors:

Just by running your script:

Thu Mar 22 19:08:36 2007
Winamp Remote - Runtime error in Microsoft JScript
[Line: 228 (5)] VBArray expected

Browse by Artist error

Thu Mar 22 19:08:38 2007
Browse by Artist - Runtime error in Microsoft JScript
[Line: 124 (3)] VBArray expected

Browse by Album error

Thu Mar 22 19:10:29 2007
Browse by Album - Runtime error in Microsoft JScript
[Line: 124 (3)] VBArray expected

Search for Artist error

Thu Mar 22 19:11:22 2007
Search for Artist - Runtime error in Microsoft JScript
[Line: 149 (2)] VBArray expected

Hope this helps in someway. Maybe we can chat over msn or ICQ? Would be a faster feedback, if you want drop me a pm.

Thanks alot
joeker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I'm having a similiar problem. winamp won't start with the "winamp remote", returning "winamp and activewinamp are required" on the phone.
(so I adjusted a script to open winamp by getting the install-dir from the registry).
when its launched everything's ok.
maybe because I did not install winamp in the common folder -c:\program files\ ?! I couldn't figure out how the remote-script resolves the install-dir.

@errors: maybe you're typing to fast .. after sending the search/browse - commands it takes a few seconds before results are returned (depending on your archive size, I guess).

joeker

edit: would be nice to have a solution for "search album" so compilations with various artists can be played.
joeker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I did it myself. script for searching albums is attached..
it is based on 'ActiveWinamp Browse Albums' and 'AWA Search for Artist'.
please comment if this can be improved.

Search_for_Album.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Search_for_Album.zip
 Filesize:  3.55 KB
 Downloaded:  3725 Time(s)

mcewan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: New Feature Reply with quote

Hey it would be nice if you could implement the ability to browse the Playlists saved in the Media Library.

Furthermore I have a question. Why does the "Queue" function does not function on my computer? I use Winamp 5 and normally I queue tracks in the playlist by pressing the "Q" on my keyboard. Do you have a solution for me?

Greetings from Muenster (Germany)....please excuse my "bad" english :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: