FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

O2 XDA EXEC / QTEK 9000 problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisLeeworthy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: O2 XDA EXEC / QTEK 9000 problem. Reply with quote

Before anything else Jonas I want to say thanks for this app, it's excellent!

Now down to the problem.

My phone is an O2 XDA EXEC, which is the O2 branded QTEK 9000.

I downloaded and installed salling clicker, connected up without any problems and used it without problems too.

Then I finished and closed down the computer.

The next time I started up the PC and tried to use clicker I had a problem.

The "connect using bluetooth" option on the menu was greyed out so I tried using "reconnect" instead. This found clicker and went into the negotiation stage where it froze.

This happens all the time and the only solution I have at the moment is to reset the phone before I use clicker again.

It's a minor gripe but if you've seen how long it takes a QTEK 9000 to boot up you'll know what a pain it is!

One other minor thing, I can't seem to find an option to actually quit the iTunes application on the iTunes remote control am I missing it somewhere?

Thanks

Chris.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

Things will change in the next version, but here are my thoughts with respect to what you're reporting now:

1. Try enabling Bluetooth (I think it may be turned off when you reset the QTEK).

2. There is no option to Quit iTunes, so you're not missing anything.

Best.
--
Jonas
ChrisLeeworthy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Jonas I think I need to explain this a bit more clearly. Lets see how this try goes...

I use salling clicker successfully with phone and pc.

I close the pc down.

The phone with bluetooth is left switched on at all times.

I switch the pc on again (the pc always boots up with bluetooth switched on so that end of the link should be ok).

When I call up salling clicker on the phone this time the option to connect via bluetooth is greyed out even though bluetooth is active.

I try the reconnect option which gets to the negotiation stage and then freezes.

I reset the phone (not a hard reset so all settings and software on the phone remain intact).

When I fire up clicker on the phone after the reset the option to connect via bluetooth works and all is fine.

I shut down the pc when finished and the next time I use it I go through the same cycle again.

I don't switch off the bluetooth at any point, and clicker works fine once I reset the phone so I don't think lack of bluetooth is the problem.

I hope you don't think I'm being overly pedantic, its just that, as a software developer myself I know its much easier to investigate an issue if you have full and clear details :)

Thanks for your time and please keep up the excellent work!

[quote="salling"]Hi Chris,

Things will change in the next version, but here are my thoughts with respect to what you're reporting now:

1. Try enabling Bluetooth (I think it may be turned off when you reset the QTEK).

[/quote]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

I do not think you're being pedantic. What you're describing sounds like a real problem.

However, I fail to understand how restarting the PC would affect whether the "Connect via Bluetooth" menu command is enabled or not (we do not constantly sniff for the computer; the phone doesn't know that your restarted your PC).

What if you do not restart your PC? Can you connect -> disconnect -> connect -> etc...?

Best.
--
Jonas
ChrisLeeworthy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm a few days older but feeling no wiser :?

Once everything is running I can repeatedly connect and disconnect without a problem.

However, if I leave the phone for a while, it seems to forget that bluetooth is available on the phone. The 'connect using bluetooth' option is greyed out, and selecting the 'start listening' option does nothing.

When I try using the 'reconnect' option, the phone does find the PC and goes into the negotiation phase, this locks up with the message 'Waiting for response'. I was paying special attention this time and noticed a message on the PC which came up briefly.

The message said something like 'unable to establish an outgoing connection (bluetooth stack didn't say why)'.

I've even tried a hard reset and reinstalling clicker, I'd got some rubbish on the phone that needed getting rid of anyway, but the problem persists.

As I reported before if I do a soft reset on the phone then everything works again.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

Please email me privately. I'd like to have you try something.

Best.
--
Jonas
adhir

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Chris,

Please email me privately. I'd like to have you try something.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

I am experiencing the exact same problem with my Sprint PPC-6700, Windows Mobile 5. Was this issue ever resolved, and if so, how can I resolve on my device?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: