FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Syncing addresses and emails

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronnie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Syncing addresses and emails Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm using MobileSync to synchronise my Ericsson K608i mobile phone with my Entourage and it seems to work fine for phone numbers but I haven't been able to synchronise people's addresses and email addresses.

Is this feature not available or is there some way for me to configure the software to do this?

Thanks heaps,
ronnie
offyonder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Work E-mail Reply with quote

Ronnie,
Try switching the e-mail label from "home" to "work". I just noticed this about my list and realized that's why I'm missing so many e-mail addresses on my phone.

Jonas,
Any way to ignore the way an e-mail address is labeled and grab them all?

I'm on a w600i and would love it if Snail Mail Address fields (home and work) and 'info/notes' would sync. The "Company Name" field syncs just fine.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

offyonder: many more fields are synchronized if you use the latest (beta) version:

http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3411

Best.
--
Jonas
offyonder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I had the latest version, but I downloaded from your link and re-installed anyway. I still only get 'work' e-mail addresses and a truncated 'company name' (shortened to 14 chrs.). No home or work addresses are mapping to the phone. I noticed you had a whole list of phones that it should work for, and mine w600i, was not listed. Is it very similar to the w800i?

Also, in reading some of the string on the beta download page, I noticed a similar problem when I enter data into my phone and try to get it to sync with Entourage. Usually it has worked with calendar events, but recently I added a contact and phone number to my phone and it wouldn't sync over. Ended up just typing it into the computer then syncing, then deleting the duplicate on the phone.

Would love to have those address fields sync over :)

Ciao!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The W600 should be very similar to the W550. You'd only get the additional info in your contacts if you deleted all items in the phone and synced from scratch (or for new contacts added in the computer).

Note: do not delete the items one-by-one; use the Delete All function in your phone.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="offyonder"]I'm pretty sure I had the latest version, but I downloaded from your link and re-installed anyway. I still only get 'work' e-mail addresses and a truncated 'company name' (shortened to 14 chrs.). No home or work addresses are mapping to the phone. I noticed you had a whole list of phones that it should work for, and mine w600i, was not listed. Is it very similar to the w800i?

Also, in reading some of the string on the beta download page, I noticed a similar problem when I enter data into my phone and try to get it to sync with Entourage. Usually it has worked with calendar events, but recently I added a contact and phone number to my phone and it wouldn't sync over. Ended up just typing it into the computer then syncing, then deleting the duplicate on the phone.

Would love to have those address fields sync over :)

Ciao![/quote]
offyonder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Worked. Save the company name still being shortened, but that's minor! Thanks!

Now, I'm just waiting for my replacement phone to come from Cingular to see if the improves my BT range. Ciao!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: