FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

iTunes Remote --> Search by Artist --> All? Search by Genre

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madOn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: iTunes Remote --> Search by Artist --> All? Search by Reply with quote

Hi,

I know about the menu-handling from Ipod and I really enjoy that Salling Remote because its similarl menu. But there was one thing i missed so much... when you use the browse by Artist, there was no choice named "All"... I used the default script and add that point... The advantage over the old Version is the new Function, Browse By Album!!!

Update....
I also wrote a browse by genre Script, just Download the zip-file end extract it to your myscript Folder...

Check it out and enjoy!!!

newItunes.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  newItunes.zip
 Filesize:  10.82 KB
 Downloaded:  1066 Time(s)

Last edited by madOn on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but please do NOT overwrite the original scripts (this will cause problems when you upgrade to the next version).

Instead, put the modified copy in the user scripts ("My Clicker Scripts") folder. It'll override the original copy automatically (if the UUIDs are the same, for the technically inclined).

Best.
--
Jonas
kiboy6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the improved itunes script! I love it! Do you know if there would be any way to browse albums / artists by genre?
madOn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is a way to do that, there is an attribut named Genre, you only have to search for it... I can do that but do you mean a new Script named, Browse by Genre or do you want to integrate a 4th step in the Browse by Artist.
I Visualize Something like a Browse by Genre, that replace the browse by Artist script...

select Genre:

All
HipHop
Classic

--> Select Artist

All
Monk

--> Select Artist

All

But I got to think about the implementation, cause i fear it becomes a bit slow when you not chach all the lists....
[/i]
kiboy6

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="madOn"]do you mean a new Script named, Browse by Genre or do you want to integrate a 4th step in the Browse by Artist.[/i][/quote]

Either way would be fine....It would just be great to have the ability to browse through all albums of a particular genre from the phone! If you could create this script that would be awesome!
kiboy6

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on this? Narrowing the artist browse by genre would be really cool.

Also...any idea if it would be easy to implement changing the size/placement of the text on the phone while a song is playing? I love seeing the album artwork on my phone, but the text always really obscures it. Any way to change that?

Thanks!
madOn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: done... Reply with quote

i have done that genre script, just look to the first post of mine
kiboy6

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot mad0n! That's great....any chance of also implementing browse artists by genre... (by adding an optional extra step in the browse by artists function like you mentioned earlier)

Right now when i browse by genre i only see album names...when you have lots of albums it can be confusing to know who the artist is of each one!

Either way thank you so much for your improvements to the itunes script!

PS @ mad0n....you didn't happen to glance over my itunes coverflow view thread did you? If so do you have any ideas?
madOn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: not yet... Reply with quote

the Idea of an genre--> artist--> album --> track search will be implemented in my new Itunes Interface, just read about it in the new Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: