FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

new to scripting, could use some advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dlusion_z

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: new to scripting, could use some advice Reply with quote

Hi, i'd like to start making scripts for salling clicker [windows]
but i have no experience in pretty much any field of scripting
could anyone point me out to how to get started?

the only scripting im relatively farmiliar with is actionscript
and html (if you can call that scripting)

im confident I could with time make scripts

i've noticed theres a serious lack of scripts for windows and i'd like to have my stab at it.
[although im sure there will be plenty of new scripts whenever the new version is released, but its taking quite a long time and this should be productive anyway]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dlusion_z:

The reason for the lack of built-in scripts for Windows is that:

1. There aren't that many applications that *every* Windows user use. I.e., there are many apps that do the same thing (Winamp, Foobar2000, iTunes, WMP, ...). Got to focus on the most popular of these.

2. Windows apps, in general, are pretty lousy at scripting so we have to resort to simple input event manipulation, which isn't a whole lot of fun (and we don't get the two-way effect).

I do, however, love to support popular and scriptable application. Do make sure to let me know if there's some really nice scriptable app you'd like to see supported out of the box.

For the next version, the plan is more towards "depth" than "breadth", if you catch my drift.

Now to your question.

It's a bit difficult to get you started. Did you try the simple tutorial:

http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2930

(it's very simplistic)

When you're done with it, I suggest checking out some of the built-in scripts. Just right-click and select to open it in the editor.

Then, you may want to consult this API reference:

http://www.salling.com/Clicker/Windows/APIDocs/html/

And, of course, you're likely going to need to consult Microsoft's JScript reference:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/yek4tbz0.aspx

Finally, when you've decided you want to write a controller script for a particular application, you'll need to determine if it's scriptable and find its API reference.

I hope this helps a little. Good luck!

Best.
--
Jonas
Dlusion_z

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch, that seems very complicated, but i downloading some books on starting to script, gonna try out some basic stuff and see what i can do from then.

features i'd like to see....

well im very happy with the current situation with winamp, the problem is im using the gap solution thing because my phone [e70] wont be supported till the update, so it gets a little confusing when i open the keyboard up, and cant use wifi to connect to salling clicker, but im happy it works very good job, you should feel proud, if you need a beta tester let me know.

now, on to the features:

1. Azureus Remote

I've seen a couple of posts on both the windows and mac forums for an azureus control, im not sure if someone is working on it, but i think a scripter asked what functions the public would like.

a. being able to pause/start downloads
b. seeing the progress [maybe a percentage bar]
c. being able to change the global download/upload speed
d. being able to change download/upload speed per torrent
[not necessary, but would be nice]
f. being able to remove torrents [equivalent of delete key]

2. Msn Messenger

This one I've also seen alot of people asking for, I read it couldnt be done easily due to some problems with msn, but someone did mention that maybe it could work with with msn plus.
[if you like i could ask around in those forums to see if anything could be possible]

I dont think the public wants anything too fancy, "just" being able to read messages they've received on the computer and write back.

going even further, maybe being able to see whos online and starting convos.

3. Im not sure if this has been done or not, since im running the java applet i have no way of knowing if when you use the mouse pointing command, if theres anyway to see where the mouse is on the screen

http://mtvoid.com/screenshots.html

im sure you know about that application and everything, but just incase you didnt, thats kinda what i meant by seeing where the mouse is on the screen.

alright thats about it, thanks for listening and helping out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: