FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Discontinued: All-Around script
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you find this script useful, or is it just a waste?
I find it very useful=D
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
Well, I use it sometimes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Very useful, but hard to use
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Just a big waste, don't understand sh*t
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

Runarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Discontinued: All-Around script Reply with quote

[b]
Project has been discontinued. I'm leaving the community.

[/b]

Update 20th of august, 2007

- The iTunes-part of my script will no longer attempt to launch iTunes all the time untill it has been successfully launched, which caused problems if iTunes for some reason was not innstalled, or for some other reason would not launch. It now asks the user if he or she wants to launch it, and if not it will not ask again, untill the script is opened again from the phone, or changing mode to the mode which holds the iTunes-visuals.

known bugs: when pressing a key which is set up to a iTunes-function and iTunes is not launched, it will ask twice to launch it. most likely an easy fix for this bug I don't have time to do much(as usual, thoug a little bit more stressed atm) so I just released it now, as it is...

Update 11th of august, 2007

Just a little update which lets the user control iTunes from my script(used the script that comes with salling, just modified it so that you can set any of the features from that script to any of the buttons on your phone, like browsing artists by just pressing 1 instead of going into the menu. the menu is also available, along with media info and album cover) I think it works pretty good now=D

also fixed a bug with the timelimit for setting up whole modes.

Update 17th of Juli, 2007
It's been a month since the last update, long time, huh? Well, that is much becouse the script is almost finished, and becouse I would like some more feedback.

Updates in this version:

- Fixed a typo in the script causing the backspace and tab keys not to work.

- When setting up a whole program mode, you have a timelimit now of 10 seconds. If you don't press a key within the timelimit, the script will skip the setup of that function, and go to the next one instead. Useful for when you want to set up all keys for a program, except for one.

- I think I fixed some other stuff, but can't remember what.

Update 17th of June, 2007

new command: If commands. currently it can check if a program is running or not. If it is running, it will continue with the commands you add after it. This gives the user a cool new feature, the user can now add custom commands that only work if a program is launched(or not launched). Please tell me if there are other if commands you want to be integrated.

new running command: This is not a normal command like the others, it is a command that it being runned every second. Very useful. combined with the above if command, it can check if for example winamp is running, and then change to winamp mode, so the keypad works for winamp.

Ability to use multiple modes at once: when changing modes, you will be able to select more than one mode. Useful if you for example have a mode which uses the arrow keys on your phone for the arrow keys on your computer, and you want to use them in more than one mode, so now you don't have to set them up for every mode, you just set it up once, store it in a mode for itself, and select that and your other mode(s) that you wish to use.

Also, in the previous version, these features where suppose to be there, but I uploaded the wrong version, but you could have a look at them too.

- Did as salling asked and fixed so that you dont have to press back a thousand times to exit the script, now I think that you never will have to press more than twice=D

- Updated the phonescreen to use the mediaPlayer screen, which makes you able to see the system volume upon change, and it will be used in 'other functions' later on.

-Clock now actually updates:P

-Added a new type of function that really makes it easier to set up the keys. You can now set up a whole program at a time. For example for media portal, the screen tells you to press a key for Play/Pause, and then you press that key, and it will right after tell you to press a key for stop, then for next, and so on. I will add functionality for more programs very soon, although people could add their programs very easaly:P

Update 5th of June, 2007

- Holding keys down are now supported, so you can have different commands for the same key, depending on if you just tap it, or hold it down.

- New type of command has been added: Change mode for X keypresses. Basicly what it does is that when you have set this command, lets say 1 on your phone, it will change to another keysetup, which could hold your media portal key setup for example, and after a set ammount of keypresses, it will change back to the keymode you were using last. This could be very useful for controlling multiple applications from the same script. for example, press 1 for winamp control, and the next time you press a key, it will control winamp, press 2, and it will control media player. Sorry for my bad explenation, you just have to try it for yourself.

- Cleaned up the script a bit.

Update 4th of June, 2007

The script now supports multiple keymodes. That means that you can set up a keysetup, that you use mostly for one program, f.eks. media portal, and then you can change the keymode so that every key on the phone does a completely different command. You can add new keymodes in the menu. After adding the keymode, a fresh mode will be created and you have to set up the keys for the new mode. The modes can be changed from the menu, and also, you can set up a key on your phone to change to a certain keymode. I will make this feature alot better soon, when I have the time.

also, I fixed a little bug causing the salling clicker log to pick up a little something, which would fill the log very fast...

There might be bugs in this version, so I've kept the old version still available, but please test this one

Update 3rd of June, 2007

I know it is taking forever for me to finish this script, but I haven't had the chance to work on it at all becouse of schoolwork and my other work. But here is a small update with two bugfixes:

- The arrowkeys are not switched around anymore. The arrow right used to be arrow up which was really confusing. It now works like a charm.

- The settings-path is now changed(or removed that is) as salling wanted, which is a better way to do it,(little question though, where does it get stored now?) The settings are not any longer stored in c:, don't know where exactly, only salling knows;P This means that after innstalling this version, you have to set your phone up again.

Update 29th of April, 2007

Added functionality to add custom functions to it, by simply editing two arrays, and copying the whole function from another script into my script. Added the volume control script and the media portal script into it just to show you that it is possible. Sorry for my bad explenation, but this means that it now is possible to add custom functions from any other script and add them to a any key on your phone, no matter what keysetup you have on your phone:)

Update 28th of April, 2007

Added more buttons, (think it has all keyboard keys now:D) Also, I fixed a typo which caused it to crash after setting up keys and then exiting.

I have created a script which can be setup easaly from the phone to set any button on your phone, no matter what kind of phone you have, and set that button to launch a program, perform virtual keypresses of any button you want. It can also set multiple commands to a single button, so you can set it to launch many programs at once, writing whole sentences, and lots more. You can also remove a command easaly. The key setup is stored in c:\settings.txt and will automaticly be saved as you set up your buttons on your phone.

Future features: Add winamp and mediaplayer functionality+ plus other. Any script could be launched very easaly at this point, without adding much code. Set focus to programs, showing the system volume and other information on the phone will be added to.
Will integrate turning off monitor.

I will release this script at this point to get some feedback and becouse I don't have time to script anymore in a few weeks, so I thought it would be a good time to get the feedback.

The reason why I wrote this script: There are not many phones that have the same buttons, some have a qwerty keyboard, some have just basic number-pads and some other buttons. That caused a problem when scriting for other people since most people can't use the same script, but now, they can(or they will, as I add more commands). For now the script is just to show off that it is possible to create one script for all, which can be set up by the user.

Possible bugs: There might be typos in the a few keycodes, which will caus some keyboard keys not to work correctly, but that isn't really a big problem to fix, just need to know which are wrong, although, I believe everything is correct:)

[b]Edit: Could people please tell me features they would like to see, and give me some feedback?[/b]

Keypad.zip
 Description:
Keypad v3.85 20th of August, 2007

Download
 Filename:  Keypad.zip
 Filesize:  11.96 KB
 Downloaded:  3243 Time(s)

Last edited by Runarius on Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:12 pm; edited 19 times in total
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting!

Please note that you're better off storing your settings files rooted at a path given by this scripting property (set by the Clicker environment):

[code:1]settingsPath[/code:1]

Incidentally, I gave you the same advice here: ;-)

http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5242

(this prevents different scripts from overwriting each others' settings, and allows us to have separate settings files in case we allow multiple devices to connect at the same time, in the future)
jae_63

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is nifty. Could you please add PageUp/PageDown, as well as arrow keys, the Enter key, function keys (Shift+F10 is the one I want) etc.

It's not clear to me whether a series of Windows keystrokes can be associated with a single button on the phone ... can it?
Runarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well... it might be able to... don't really know how jscript handles keypresses, but my script can add unlimited commands, including keystrokes. It just uses sendvirtualkeystroke, so maybe somebody else can answer this. I believe, though I haven't tested it yet, since I am not home at the moment, that if you add keystrokes for T and then a new command for E, then S, then T, it will first press T then E, S and T, making it possible for it to write sentences. But I don't know if it is possible to make it press for example T+E+S+T at the same time. If it could, it would be great, since glovePIE(a program for nintendo wii remote controls on pc) starts and stops with ctrl+P+I+E.

I can add other and all keys later on, but it is really easy to do so... The keycodes are stored in an array, with the name of the key as you want it to show up first, then the keycode, followed by next keyname and keycode. Just check the script and add all the ones you want.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to simulate pressing multiple keys at the same time. You can use the scripting APIs: SendVirtualKeyDown() and SendVirtualKeyUp(). Please see here:

http://www.salling.com/Clicker/windows/APIDocs/html/functions.html

Best.
--
Jonas
Runarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uploaded a new version, with more buttons, imcluding media keys for controlling video and music, and volume. Think it is every key on the keyboard + a few more:P also fixed a bug.

new features coming later this day.
Runarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yet another update... check the top
Runarius

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could I please get som feedback?
SirLoinOfBeef

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've written my own MediaPortal script (available elsewhere on these forums). Didn't realise you'd updated this one. Will download and provide feedback within the next few days.
Runarius

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, thanks.

curreltly I am trying to make the user able to add custom if-commands. for example, if winamp is running, do a certain command, or if windows media player is in focus, do a different command. also, support for holding buttons will be added. There will also be added a way to set up different setups. This could be useful for controlling other programs, one could first set up if 1 was the last key pressed and then right arrow, it would make winamp change song, and if 2 is pressed and then right arrow, it would make some other program do a command. This is something I think I could do, but I don't quite understand showing information on the phone yet. I would like to set it up to be able to show inormation from winamp, if a winamp function wasw used in the last 3 seconds or so, then it would show the standard screen for my script. Sorry for my bad explenation-skills, hope you all understand what I am saying...
SirLoinOfBeef

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has the potential to become a very useful script. The only hassle I came across was that the Exit doesn't work.
It would be nice if 'Launch Program' allowed you to browse for a file.
Runarius

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah... hehe, exit doesn't work becouse I forgot it, on my phone I wouldn't use it anyway, since I can just press back and it exits.

the browse for file function would be useful, I must agree, but I don't know how to script that. Maybe there is a script already made for browsing the computers files, but I don't have time for it at the moment... will try and get it working soon.
shadesbass

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't seem to work on my Sony Ericsson P910i QWERTY keypad. I get to the "Press the button you would like to set up" screen, press a button on the keypad and nothing happens. It appears to work for other buttons, but I haven't really explored it that much yet.

I'm not sure if it's even possible, but it would be very cool if it could be used with the QWERTY keypad.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salling Clicker doesn't work with the qwerty keypad on the P910. It's not a fault with this script.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="shadesbass"]Doesn't seem to work on my Sony Ericsson P910i QWERTY keypad. I get to the "Press the button you would like to set up" screen, press a button on the keypad and nothing happens. It appears to work for other buttons, but I haven't really explored it that much yet.

I'm not sure if it's even possible, but it would be very cool if it could be used with the QWERTY keypad.[/quote]
shadesbass

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Salling Clicker doesn't work with the qwerty keypad on the P910. It's not a fault with this script.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

That's a shame. Is there a chance that support will be offered in the future, or is it just not possible due to hardware/firmware/software limitations?

Back on topic, but following on from my QWERTY question: I haven't really explored this script, but if I understand correctly, it can be set up to execute multiple virtual key presses from a single phone button, right?
Now...is it possible to do the opposite, and execute a single virtual key press from a combination of phone button presses?

You might have guessed what I'm thinking of already, but you could then use the numeric keypad as a text input device, just like when writing a text message (in non-predictive text mode).
Of course there's a bit more to it than that, since you would need a timeout or something to discriminate between multiple letters on the same phone button (e.g. "S" = 7 key * 4, but "PR" also = 7 key * 4)

There's a challenge for you... ;)
Maybe another completely separate script? Maybe it's been done already and I've just missed it (I'm new here). Apologies if so.
I would offer to lend a hand but I'm rather busy writing my own software right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: