FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Discontinued: All-Around script
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you find this script useful, or is it just a waste?
I find it very useful=D
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
Well, I use it sometimes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Very useful, but hard to use
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Just a big waste, don't understand sh*t
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

Runarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salling, is it possible to check if a certain program like winamp is in focus? cous that would be very useful. I looked everywhere in the msdn database but couldn't find anything useful.
Runarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salling, I'm just wondering... why isn't my script in the 3rd party scripts collection? is it becouse of the incompitablity with ngage?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runarius,

Currently on vacation, but I'd be happy to put it on the scripts page, if you think it's up to snuff (I think we were having some problems with widget nesting in the past).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Runarius"]Salling, I'm just wondering... why isn't my script in the 3rd party scripts collection? is it becouse of the incompitablity with ngage?[/quote]
Runarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, but I thought people who were using the ngage were the only once having problems, and that was fixed by them using the innstallation package for a SE phone or something instead of the innstallation package for their own phone, so the problem would have to be in the salling installation package, since all packages should function exactly the same on all phones no matter how it was scripted(know my scripting is bad, I think it is being really slow at the time, with lots of code that shouldn't be there, but for me it works exactly as I want it) my development on this script has stopped, atleast for a good while. If I got some feedback I might continue though.
Runarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new version
kiboy6

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Runarius - many thanks for the awesome script. I think this script is fairly revolutionary as it means that ANY program that accepts keyboard shortcuts is controllable by Salling Clicker! I think you definitely deserve even more credit than you have already got for creating this.

Personally, I am super grateful because it has allowed me to do something I've been longing to do for a long time: flick through my album covers in full-screen Itunes Coverflow (displayed on my TV) from my phone!

Do you have any plans to make itunes one of the featured controllable programs of your script (as you have done with media portal)?

If so these would be a couple of great features:

I would love it if the artwork of the currently playing song could show up on the phone when using your script, as it does with Salling's default itunes remote script.

And if there were any way to automate opening Itunes (or even better opening an itunes playlist) in full screen cover-flow mode that would be awesome! At the moment I have to use some slightly laborious keypress workarounds to get there ;)

Just some ideas - no idea how possible they are, but thanks once more for the amazing script!
kiboy6

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually having a problem with one particular thing.

I have assigned the * key on my w810i to be keypress : ctrl+F

When itunes is open, pressing ctrl+f from my keyboard correctly puts itunes in fullscreen mode.

However when i press the * key on my phone, with itunes open and in focus, nothing happens!

In fact all ctrl+ commands won't work from the phone in itunes, but will in other programs.

Any idea why?

Thanks in advance :)
Bathyon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Hi! Reply with quote

I have a Nokia n95 with symbian v3. My goal with this software is to control my windows media center (vista) with my phone. The Salling Clicker would be perfect if I could get your script to work.
I´m sorry to say that I have the same problem as mentioned erlier in the forum. I can´t get any key setup to work. It just adds longer and longer menus and you are never able to select any key. Instead I get thrown back to the main menu.

I have searched countless of hours to find a script that could make my phone control my media center via bluetooth and yours is the only one I have found. I don't think you should give up on it.

Thank you so far and good luck. I will add the message in the script log below:

Thu Aug 09 13:40:16 2007
Customisable keypad - Körningsfel i Microsoft JScript
[Line: 767 (5)] 'choice' är null eller inte ett objekt

It´s in swedish and I don´t know if you know Swedish but since Salling is a swedish company I'll take my chances.

- Alex
Runarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, I am norwegian. The problem is only with certain phones, and I don't know why it is like that. since I don't have a phone which has these problems, I cannot test it, meaning I can't really figure out what is causing it. Sorry. But I think the mediaportal script can be partially used. media center and media portal does most likely use many of the same keypresses. you could try it out. Or, you could give me a small list of the functions you want, and the keys that represent those buttons, like this:

Arrow keys - navigating
Enter - Enters a menu
Space - Play/pause
plus - Volume Up
minus - Volume Down
kiboy6

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Runarius, just wondering if you missed my two new posts right above Bathyon's.

Sorry to bug, but because this topic was a little old I thought maybe you thought it was only Bathyon's post that brought it back to the top of the forum.

Thanks!
Runarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, sorry, there, yeah, I missed;P

thanks for telling and thanks for the credit, I [i]really[/i] appreciate it=D

as for your problem with ctrl+f in iTunes, I don't think it is my script, it is probably that iTunes, along with some other software(mostly games) does not support these virtual keypresses. I do have a little workaround going though, but I haven't tested it yet, and it will most likely not work, its just a maybe. But that doesn't meen that my script can't control iTunes. I will try and implement the iTunes script into my script, it will have mostly all the same features. But this may take a while though, don't know when I get the time. I just got off work, and I'm going to work again in seven hours, so I should probably get som sleep before that, but I will have a quick look right now.
kiboy6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for looking into this Runarius!

Just to clarify - all single keypresses are working in itunes - its just anything with ctrl+ that won't work...

Good luck!
Runarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... that is a bit odd. don't really know why that happens. but don't think I can do much about it, it is the scripting language most likely that is causing the difference. Maybe salling can help on this?

EDIT:

iTunes is now integrated into my script. I just copied from the iTunes script that comes with salling. now you can set any button to browse by artist, setting shuffle and all the other features of the iTunes script. it can also now show media info on screen, along with album-cover=D very nice feature. also, there was a tiny small bugfix in this update.
kiboy6

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Runarius - Now all i need is the ability to toggle fullscreen on / off . The ctrl+ f virtual keypress is still ignored by itunes :(

I hope we can get to the bottom of that soon!
Runarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I don't think that is possible at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: