FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Discontinued: All-Around script
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you find this script useful, or is it just a waste?
I find it very useful=D
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
Well, I use it sometimes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Very useful, but hard to use
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Just a big waste, don't understand sh*t
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

kiboy6

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem - thanks so much anyway for implementing itunes in your awesome script - and so quickly!

As for the ctrl+ virtual keypresses in itunes, like you said hopefully Salling himself may be able to shed some light on this? (Fingers crossed)

Do you think I should start a new topic about that or just keep the query open here?
cmatte

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned in a topic about settings, I have a big problem with this script.
I were setting up my various keys when I arrived to choose to open the itunes mode of the script even if I don't have itunes installed :oops: .
Now as soon as I open the script I get the pop-up which says "Cannot connect to itunes"... etc. and even if I press OK many times the pop-up only refreshes continuously: I can only kill the salling process from my TyTn task manager to use it again, or remove the script from the list from the pc while still connected.
So, how should I delete all the settings ? :cry:
p.s.
someone told some topics ago a "bug" I noticed too:
when having to assign to a button, for example, a letter corresponding to a keypress, you can't go down very much not being able to select I think a letter after more or less "j"... can't you divide it in multiple pages as you suggested before?
I don't know if that's only for letters, but it could be for other options...

Anyway, that's a really COOL script, it does EVERYTHING, great work, thanks :wink:
cmatte

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo, after a search into the script and after a windows search I found the MainSettings.txt and in case it's useful for someone else for me it's located here:
E:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Salling Software AB\Salling Clicker\Script Settings\7532d0ee-dc02-11db-8314-0800200c9a66
Note that currently E: is my root partition with vista...I have dualboot: C has XP, D contains data!
Also note I've replaced my windows logon username with <username> in the path above.
cmatte

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it's all working again.
But...there's a but :)
After using in for some time, the plugin doesn't allow me to open the menu or press the return key to continue using the plugin as usual by the menu, or to return to the previous salling clicker main menu. Am I missing something?
p.s. in the maintime the app completely works and making me use the preconfigured buttons to control mediaportal and so on...
cmatte

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wanted feedback/suggestions?
Here I am :lol:
What I was saying about letters is the same for Operator keys I've just experienced:you can see 7-8 and nothing more, to find the others you have to go down a precise number of times and check the osd on the pc screen to know what you have assigned!
Another thing, but this is a suggestion:
add to the "whole program" list a "Keyboard", to assign every letter of a qwerty keyboard to have the respective response on the pc, I find this useful instead of having to do the trick with setup with every key as I am doing now!

Thanks again, it's really a fun and useful script!
Runarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm... I'll have a look at it. can't believe that over this post has gotten over 10 000 hits;P that got to mean I am doing something right about this;P
cmatte

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Runarius"]hmmm... I'll have a look at it. can't believe that over this post has gotten over 10 000 hits;P that got to mean I am doing something right about this;P[/quote]
Gotta say, for real, that for me this script has just became the most useful function of salling clicker!
Thanks
Runarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm... seems like there are some bigger problems with this script than I thought. the problem is that sometimes my script wants to ask the user if he or she wants to launch iTunes, and a second after that, it will show the mainscreen, so the user won't have time to choose whether he or she wants to launch it or not, and then the two screens are sort of on top of each other which causes it to crash... this one will give me a headache.

sorry, don't have time to do anything more on this one tonight.
Runarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I think it is fixed now. uploaded a new version.

[quote]Update 20th of august, 2007

- The iTunes-part of my script will no longer attempt to launch iTunes all the time untill it has been successfully launched, which caused problems if iTunes for some reason was not innstalled, or for some other reason would not launch. It now asks the user if he or she wants to launch it, and if not it will not ask again, untill the script is opened again from the phone, or changing mode to the mode which holds the iTunes-visuals.

known bugs: when pressing a key which is set up to a iTunes-function and iTunes is not launched, it will ask twice to launch it. most likely an easy fix for this bug I don't have time to do much(as usual, thoug a little bit more stressed atm) so I just released it now, as it is... [/quote]

hope this works good.

I see that some people think my script is hard to use. Can anybody help me make it easyer to use? I'm thinking of a big rewrite of mostly all the code, since I have discovered better ways to do things. Also would very much like a partner to help me add other scripts into the special-functions list, like winamp and such.
Runarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone, please help me at making this script easier to use. a re-write is a big job, and it's very crucial for me to know how I should build it as user-friendly as possible.

The new re-write will be faster and better, and I would really love if I could get it to be easy to use too.
jae_63

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Runarius"]anyone, please help me at making this script easier to use. a re-write is a big job, and it's very crucial for me to know how I should build it as user-friendly as possible.

The new re-write will be faster and better, and I would really love if I could get it to be easy to use too.[/quote]

I've only used it when trying to debug someone else's question/problem. I found it very cumbersome to have to wait through all the prompts for all of the iTunes options. A high-level menu should offer the choice of one of these three choices:
* configure all settings
* configure a single selected setting
* configure any unconfigured settings

This shouldn't be too hard to implement.
cmatte

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Runarius"]anyone, please help me at making this script easier to use. a re-write is a big job, and it's very crucial for me to know how I should build it as user-friendly as possible.

The new re-write will be faster and better, and I would really love if I could get it to be easy to use too.[/quote]
Hi,
I don't think the script needs a complete re-write, it's great as it is!
The only thing you should do at high priority is fixing the bugs I and other users mentioned: first of all the one that doesn't allow to choose options of the script after the (more or less) sixth one. Please, now it's so boring to map buttons. Also, another thing I noticed now: I don't know why, when I press setup, it doesn't go to the main screen where you can press a button and map it, but you have to press the arrow on the left, I didn't have to do this before, don't know what happened!

Thanks Runarius
Runarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually it seems I am leaving the salling clicker software for a media center remote, so I don't think I'll do a rewrite or anything else on this project. Sorry guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: