FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Slimserver on Windows XP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicmonkey

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Slimserver on Windows XP Reply with quote

I have managed to get my Nokia 6280 working fine to control Windows Media Player however, i am more interested in using it to operate my Squeezebox via the Slimserver interface. Can anyone tell me how to configure it to work with this instead. Thanks.
simbo

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone's written a script for Windows... which is why I'm writing one now. Should have a version for testing ready within the week.
musicmonkey

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Slimserver on Windows XP Reply with quote

Simbo - Thanks for your assistance.

Operating my Squeezebox via the remote is great if you are in the same room, however, with my computer in the house it would be nice to change tracks if i was in the garden with my mobile. Lazy i know!! But the 'Clicker' is a great gadget to have and as i need to use the Slimserver interface to access my tunes it means i could listen to my music library via my sound system rather than my computer. Look forward to the finished product.
Fezz

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Thanks Simbo Reply with quote

Don't you just wish that SC was as supported on Windows as it is on OSX? :cry: I sure do. If you can write a script for SC that is like the one for Mac OSX that'd be awesome. At least I think it would be.
On a selfish note; could you please take a second to read my script modification request thread?:

http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5535

God speed, simbo!

P.S.
musicmonkey: Controlling SlimServer through a cellphone is BETTER than using the original remote. You can see the album covers and progress bars and all sorts of stuff that the remote that SqueezBox came with can't do.
simbo

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I've posted a first alpha version of the SlimServer script [url=http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5567]here[/url].

As for your Media Center issue, I know Feuerfuchs was working on a Media Center script, you may want to see how that's going.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: