FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Bi-directional Bluetooth PAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobgorila

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Bi-directional Bluetooth PAN Reply with quote

I use my phone's data connection a fair bit, mostly for email (over IMAP-idle, yay for push-email), and it'd be handy if I could have it get online via bluetooth while I'm at home, saving money and so on. Also, for when there's no other way to download an app besides through the phone's own browser.

The computer is a MacBook Pro running 10.4.9, with built-in bluetooth 2.0 + EDR. The phone is a Sony Ericsson W850i locked to Orange UK but running a de-branded (and up-to-date) firmware courtesy of DaVinci Team.

I've got Bluetooth PAN working with Mac OS 10.4.9, allowing me to easily access my phone's connection from the mac, and I noticed now that "B Macbook" (where B is the bluetooth symbol) now appears in the Data Accounts list. I can't edit it like I can with the cellular data accounts.

Naturally, it lets me create an internet profile that uses this account as either a primary or secondary (fallback) connection. Ideally I'd make an internet profile which uses the bluetooth as a primary data account but can fall-back on cellular data when I'm away from home.

Sadly, it's not as easy as just selecting this new profile and going for it. Nor does turning on my mac's connection sharing to en3 (the bluetooth PAN "adaptor") help. I've also tried turning off IPv6, which doesn't help.

The phone can definitely do it - my extensive googling has turned up various boards of Windows users who can (after a period of grunting and throwing poop) get it working.

[edited for clarity and such]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: