FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Linux Clicker, Car PC Controller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robinpc

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Linux Clicker, Car PC Controller Reply with quote

Darned nice software. If and especially when the Dell Ubuntu distributions take off you might want to consider a linux server version.

Or even a version that doesn't work as a WinControl Panel app ... I say this as it appears that the Clicker installs just fine under Crossover Office in Ubuntu, but has no UI, since there is no toolbar to invoke it from.

So a version that ran as an actual application, even under Windows, could operate the other WINE applications on a Linux box. And it probably wouldn't be too hard for linux hackers to extend the WINE receipt of the scripts to be heard on the linux side.

Or, if you consider your key intellectual property the clicker side and not the server side, you might possibly consider publishing your network API's .

I work a lot with car PC's ... linux side mostly as you might guess, and the clicker has interesting possiblities for a much better controller for the music applications than the usual Lilliput touchscreen. If only it had a sort of VNC screen echoing mode, it could handle the realtime updates for a GPS display off a CarPC too.

Truly elegant work. Drop me a line if there's something you'd like to move forward in these areas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: