FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

SlimServer Remote for Windows (Beta)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simbo

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: SlimServer Remote for Windows (Beta) Reply with quote

Here is the next [b]Beta[/b] release of my script to control SlimServer under Windows.

Let's start with what this script can do:-
- View details of current song including album art and position in song
- Standard media controls (play, pause, volume, next, previous, etc)
- Navigate through the current playlist and reorder the playlist
- Save the current playlist
- Browse and Search by Album, Artist, Genre, Playlist, etc.
- Switch player on and off

Now for some important notes:-
- To use this script, you must ensure the "Command Line Interface (CLI)" and "XML-RPC/JSON-RPC Interface" plugins are enabled on your SlimServer. [b]UPDATE[/b]: The latest version of SqueezeCenter (7.0.1) does not have the RPC script available. Watch this space for more info.
- By default, this script assumes Clicker is installed on the same PC as SlimServer. You can specify the URL of your SlimServer under the Settings menu. You'll need to re-start the script after changing this.
- By default, this script will pick up the first player known to your SlimServer. You can change to a different player in the Settings menu. You'll need to re-start the script after changing this.

OK, have fun and please provide as much feedback as possible.

SlimServer.zip
 Description:
SlimServer Remote 0.1.1 (Beta)

Download
 Filename:  SlimServer.zip
 Filesize:  10.61 KB
 Downloaded:  1584 Time(s)

Last edited by simbo on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:01 pm; edited 7 times in total
Fezz

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there simbo. I tried this script out, but I can't get it to work. First thing I did was change the URL to match my Slimserver, then I restarted SC and tried to connect. When I choose Slimserver in SC on my phone I just get a little progress circle that goes around and around until I kill the app on my phone. And I mean kill, I can't just press back or quit on my phone, I have to hold down the back button until it asks me if I'm sure I want to exit the Java app. Also after this, SC hangs on my PC until I open task manager and kill the WinClicker process. So something if not right... But it's a start! Also I know it's not my machine(that Slimserver is on) or LAN because it works flawlessly through my Mac. I double checked my Slimserver settings to make sure they match what you described above, and I tried with the firewall turned off on the machine that Slimserver is on, just in case. I can't wait to see your next release, keep up the good work!
simbo

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Fezz"]I tried this script out, but I can't get it to work.[/quote]
Thanks for trying at least! :) Does Clicker work OK for you generally? i.e. can you get the default scripts to work? Also, please could you look in the script logs (right click on the Clicker notification icon on the task bar and choose "Open Script Logs") to see if there's anything in there related to the script? Thanks!
Fezz

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi simbo,
I don't have any probs with other scripts, I'll attach my script log for you to look at. Please note that I forgot a forward slash in the URL the first couple times I tried to launch the script, but corrected that after a few attempts.
cheers

script log.txt
 Description:
Script log

Download
 Filename:  script log.txt
 Filesize:  0 Bytes
 Downloaded:  831 Time(s)

simbo

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Script log was 0 bytes so I presume there was nothing in it.

OK, if your're willing, please try this; find a file called SlimServerSC.ini on your PC. On WinXP it'll be under "\Documents and Settings\YourID\Application Data\Salling Software AB\Salling Clicker\Script Settings\5ce444b2-03a7-11dc-8314-0800200c9a66" (replace "My Documents\Application Data" with "\Users\YourID\AppData\Roaming" on Vista). Open it with Notepad and confirm that the ServerURL value is correct there (http:// and all). Also ensure that there is [i]no[/i] forward slash at the end of the URL. If it's wrong you can change it here. Please let me know either way; if it's too sensitive to incorrect URLs this is something I'll need to resolve.
Fezz

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I must of messed up when I was saving the log. It does have info about your script. I'll re-upload it now. I checked out that SlimServerSC.ini file you were asking about, everything seems correct in the URL, the PC with SlimServer on it's IP is 192.179.0.100. Here's a copy of it:

ServerURL=http://192.179.0.100:9000
PlayerID=NOSERVER
RefreshRate=5

Hope this helps.

script log.txt
 Description:
script log

Download
 Filesize:  17.72 KB
 Downloaded:  1026 Time(s)

simbo

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure does; found a hard-coded reference to localhost. :oops: I've uploaded a new version to the original post - please can you see if that helps?
Fezz

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue as with the original. here's my new log.

script log.txt
 Description:
Script log

Download
 Filesize:  17.83 KB
 Downloaded:  1162 Time(s)

simbo

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted a new version with (slightly) better error-handing around the bit of code that's causing the issue. This'll write the data that's being returned from the server to the Clicker logs, which should help identify what the issue is.

Fezz, please can you run this and post your logs here. Thanks.
Fezz

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go. Let me know if there's any other help I can provide.

script log.txt
 Description:
Script Log

Download
 Filesize:  18.49 KB
 Downloaded:  1421 Time(s)

simbo

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fezz. OK, it looks like there maybe a networking problem in your setup. The logs show the following message is being returned:-

[color=darkblue]Gateway Timeout
The following error occurred:
[code=GATEWAY_TIMEOUT] A gateway timeout occurred. The server is unreachable. Retry the request.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.[/color]

This is a standard HTTP error message, suggesting your Clicker PC can't see your SlimServer. Are you able to ping your SlimServer from the PC running Clicker?
Fezz

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I can ping it no problem. All that is running on it is the XP firewall and Avast AV in terms of security. I checked to make sure and ports 9000 and 3483 were allowed through the xp firewall. A funny thing I should mention is I connot connet to Slimserver through IE 6 or 7, never had a problem with Firefox though. Maybe the problem is related.
simbo

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it could well be related. The script makes extensive use of MSXML (Microsoft's XML library) which is intristically tied to IE. I'm stumped as to why you shouldn't be able to access SlimSever using IE, but a quick Google shows that you're not alone in being able to only access local addresses via Firefox; the solutions ranging from changing IE security settings, getting the latest Windows Updates or even playing with router settings! If you're willing to persevere, you might want to try posting the IE/Firefox issue to the SlimDevices forums to see if they can offer any solution.

EDIT: I've posted a new version which forces the use of newer versions of MSXML. I'm doubtful it will solve your problem though,
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simbo:

Just wanted to throw in my word of support for your work here.

Thanks!

Best.
--
Jonas
Fezz

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I figured it out! Stupid IE... I had to go into the IE sttings>connections>LAN settings> and uncheck "automatically detect LAN settings" now IE and your script both work. Sorry about making you troubleshoot a problem that was on my side :|
Keep up the awesome work, personally I'd love to see the album art on my phone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: