FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

SlimServer Remote for Windows (Beta)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eradicatore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think I know what I was looking for now. let's say I'm playing an album already. 10 songs. I would like to be able to insert a song after the current song I'm already playing. Like when you use the IR remote, you can hold the "+" button down and it adds it not to the end, but to the next song spot. And it keeps the whole rest of the now playing list.

Also, can you put the shuffle control somewhere?
simbo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="eradicatore"]Ok, I think I know what I was looking for now. let's say I'm playing an album already. 10 songs. I would like to be able to insert a song after the current song I'm already playing. Like when you use the IR remote, you can hold the "+" button down and it adds it not to the end, but to the next song spot. And it keeps the whole rest of the now playing list.[/quote]
Yep, I'll be adding this to the menu you get when you select a track from Browse/Search.

[quote="eradicatore"]Also, can you put the shuffle control somewhere?[/quote]
Good idea, I'll add Shuffle and Repeat controls to the main menu.
simbo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just posted the first Beta release, with the following changes:-

- "Play Next" option when selecting a track, plays the selected track immediately after the currently playing one.
- Shuffle and Repeat settings can be changed via your remote.
- The media screen title shows the name of the Player being controlled.
- A "menu flow" setting, that allows you to choose what happens after you select a track. You can choose to return to the media screen or choose multiple tracks.
- General bug fixes and stability improvements

Please let me know if any issues or comments you have.
eradicatore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again!

Things I love:

* name of player in title
* the fact that if you pick an album they now show up in album order
* player settings added functions
* that you're so fast in your updates!

Bugs I noticed so far:

* if you are playing a few songs, and then go to another song and say "show info", it goes right to the "now playing" level. Could that be a salling bug with that feature you just added?

* if you are playing a list of songs, and go to the now playing list, and select one above the current one you're playing, and say "play next" for me anyway it didn't seem to really stick it back into the list in the right spot. Tricky stuff... :) (note that shuffle was currently off)

* If the song is called "2:22", only the first "2" shows as the song title. Another salling limitation, or just a need for quotes in the script somewhere? (shows up right in the now playing list though, just not main screen)

Other feature requests

* I would still like the ability to jump around by letter in the list of albums or artists, but probably a salling limitation?

* I would like if when you select things like an album, the cursor started out on the "play now" entry. rather than up above somewhere??

* maybe a "save playlist" feature?

* a "next song" in small text on the "now playing" main screen? (would need salling to do that?)

Anyway, keep up the awesome work. I'll see if I can find anything else, but this rocks. Just hate the range of BT on my Q. Anyone know of the best cheap BT handheld that has class 1 range?
simbo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, especially for highlighting those bugs, I should have 'em fixed for the next release.

[quote="eradicatore"]I would still like the ability to jump around by letter in the list of albums or artists, but probably a salling limitation?[/quote]
Unfortunately a Clicker limitation, but I'm looking into ways to get round it. No promises though!

[quote]I would like if when you select things like an album, the cursor started out on the "play now" entry. rather than up above somewhere??[/quote]
Please can you elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean.

[quote]maybe a "save playlist" feature?[/quote]
Good idea, I'll add it to the list!

[quote]a "next song" in small text on the "now playing" main screen? (would need salling to do that?)[/quote]
Interesting idea, I like it! Real estate is limited (we have to cater for smaller-screened devices) but I'll definately give some thought on how to achieve this.
jae_63

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Roku Soundbridge is only compatible with SlimServer 5.4. Do you know whether your script will work with this version?
http://www.rokulabs.com/support_sb_dwnld_slimserver.php

I know that the Softsqueeze player requires SlimServer 6.X, so perhaps your software will have the same requirement:
http://softsqueeze.sourceforge.net/

Thanks for your efforts!
simbo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jae_63"]My Roku Soundbridge is only compatible with SlimServer 5.4. Do you know whether your script will work with this version?[/quote]
Looking through the list of changes since 6.x, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work, but the best thing to do would be to try it and see. The trial version of Clicker should be enough to determine whether it works or not. If you do try, please can you post your results here as I'm sure others would be interested.

You've taught me something though - I didn't know you could use a Soundbridge with SlimServer!
eradicatore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]
[quote]I would like if when you select things like an album, the cursor started out on the "play now" entry. rather than up above somewhere??[/quote]
Please can you elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean.
thought on how to achieve this.[/quote]

Maybe this is just my Q phone, but when I select say a song or album, the "cursor" is not sitting on "play now". It is somewhere above play now, since i have to press down once to get onto the play now option.
eradicatore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I noticed I must have been wrong in my earlier post. when I select a album, after browsing for albums, I don't like how it shows the songs in alphabetical order. If you say "play all" it does add them to the now playing list in the right album order thankfully, but I would prefer to view them also beforehand after browsing to the album in album order...
simbo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="eradicatore"]It is somewhere above play now, since i have to press down once to get onto the play now option.[/quote]
I don't have this issue on my phone, but there may be something I can do to fix it on yours. Watch out for the next release and let me know if it's any better.

[quote="eradicatore"]I would prefer to view them also beforehand after browsing to the album in album order...[/quote]
Agreed. I'll sort that out (ho ho) for the next release.
simbo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version released (0.1.1). Changes are:-

- Bug fixes (including the ones eradicatore has spotted)
- Showing the "coming up" track, during the last 20 seconds of the previous one (only on mobiles with larger screens)
- Allowing the current playlist to be saved to disk

I've also started to track feature requests and version history in a text file that's included in the package.
jrog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: SlimServer Remote for Windows (Beta) Reply with quote

[quote="simbo"]Here is the next [b]Beta[/b] release of my script to control SlimServer under Windows.

Let's start with what this script can do:-
- View details of current song including album art and position in song
- Standard media controls (play, pause, volume, next, previous, etc)
- Navigate through the current playlist and reorder the playlist
- Save the current playlist
- Browse and Search by Album, Artist, Genre, Playlist, etc.
- Switch player on and off
[/quote]

Hi Simbo,

All of the features you've mentioned above works well for me except the
[quote="simbo"]- View details of current song including album art and position in song[/quote]

The only information I can see on the main screen are the symbols indicating the status of the player (like "playing", "all repeat enabled", "shuffle enabled" etc.) Information like album art and position in song/remaining is NOT visible to me.

When I connect to Windows Media Player all of this information is available (including album art).

I would really appreciate your help on this.

/Jrog
jrog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: SlimServer Remote for Windows (Beta) Reply with quote

By the way,

I'm running SC on a Nokia E50 Revision 3.5.64

/Jrog
simbo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: SlimServer Remote for Windows (Beta) Reply with quote

[quote="jrog"]The only information I can see on the main screen are the symbols indicating the status of the player (like "playing", "all repeat enabled", "shuffle enabled" etc.) Information like album art and position in song/remaining is NOT visible to me.

When I connect to Windows Media Player all of this information is available (including album art).

I would really appreciate your help on this.[/quote]
OK, let's see what we can do.

Please can you check the script logs (right click on the Clicker icon and select Open Script Log) and if there's anything relevant there post it to the forum.

Also, on the second page of this topic is an "Album Art Checker" script; can you run that and see if it displays any errors.
jrog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for your prompt response:-)

I cleaned out the old logfile and made a few requests through SC afterwards. The log file obviously contains some error messages. You'll probably be able to make sense out of it.

I just thought some other information that might be of intrest for you. The current log is produced while I was running the clicker on my laptop that also hosts the slim server using a softsqueeze player on the same computer as my player. I have also experienced the same problem using a squeezebox player with a slightly different configuration though (the slim server was running on another computer than the one running the clicker)

The Album Art Checker does not display any error messages, however, it contains an "Original Image:" but not a "Processed Image:"

/Jrog

ScriptErrorLog.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ScriptErrorLog.txt
 Filesize:  798 Bytes
 Downloaded:  1028 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: