FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Media Centre Controller - Release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robelkin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Media Centre Controller - Release Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post here to give you guys an opertunity to use a script I have been working on for salling clicker. I know there are pleanty of scripts out there which do a collection of these things, but I decided to bring a large amount of items together to create this script.

Firstly, thanks to Hannes Juutilainen, as his EyeTV:Control script was the basis of this one.

http://www.cc.jyu.fi/%7ehpjuutil/scripts/

What I have created is a script for Salling Clicker for mac, with the following features:

EyeTV support:
Channel selecting from a list
Recording selecting from a list
Full screen a window
Toggle controller and pregram guides
On screen ability to control full screen menu (mostly for pdas)
Switch between windows (EyeTV Diversity support)
Begin/Stop recording
Play/Pause
Picture in Picture options (EyeTV Diversity support)
Mute
Screen size and aspect ratio selection
Closing windows
Finding both tv windows when they have been closed (EyeTV Diversity support)
System and Eyetv volume selection
Switch to front row
Front row controller

To add:

Teletext control
Subtitles
Closed Captioning
Fast forward etc

A lot of the functionality is done using keyboard shortcuts, so it is not exactly the most technically challenging, but hopefully this will allow people to use a mac and eyetv and front row as a true media center, through one interface.

Like I said, I created it for a touch screen pda, and so the options are not keyboard based, they are all in an options menu and you click on the option to perform the function or enter that menu.

With this setup, I had to hack a lot of stuff. For example, accessing front row is done hence:

Mute Eyetv (it continues to run in the background!)
switch to finder
invoke command-esc

Same back from front row to eyetv:

exit using key
wait
switch to eyetv
wait
unmute

I tried to have control buttons to rectify any issue you might come across if the script runs slow and it doesnt unmute etc.

Feedback is appreciated.

I have no website set up to host it at the moment, as in a page to download it from, but once I get this set up I will post the link to the product page. Until then, here is the link:

http://www.infinity21.net/Media%20Centre%20Controller.cgz.zip

Releasing it for free, so have at. I would however love to hear how you are using it in your setup, just for interest sake.

To Jonas:

I would love to have this listed on the scripts page for salling clicker, but this is obviously your choice. Contact me via email if necessary, I am sure you will have my address from this board or the billing info for clicker.

Last edited by robelkin on Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
robelkin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated, system sound controlling not working.

file is in the same link as above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: