FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Update: Shutdown/Sleep/Lock/Unlock/etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melquiades

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Update: Shutdown/Sleep/Lock/Unlock/etc Reply with quote

This is an update to the previous script that allowed you to:
*shutdown
*log off
*lock
*hibernate
*standby.

I've added the ability to:
* manually unlock (you must have bohrstrom's unlocker installed for this to work)
* toggle windows
* close programs
* disconnect from clicker

For Manual Unlocking, make sure you change 'USERNAME' and 'PASSWORD' in the script to your correct credentials. (Easiest way is to open the script, press Cntrl+H, find: Username. Replace USERNAME with your name, and replace PASSWORD with your password. Save, close.)

Mel

Shutdown Controls.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Shutdown Controls.zip
 Filesize:  1.22 KB
 Downloaded:  1560 Time(s)

slowlearner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything seems to work fine.
except manual unlock

others work perfectly. thanks
nice script.

maybe u can help me, since his bohr topic is inactive.
my script cant seem to execute the ctrl-alt-del command, and the rest following this

any tips?
slowlearner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this might help,
if i ran the unlocker.exe in cmd,
they give this

system.exception: incorrect arguments.
usage serviceconnector username password.
at main<int32 argc, Sbyte** argv>
melquiades

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I know that the unlocker was a little tricky to install. From what I remember, I had some difficulty running it under a few different situations in the past:

1. [u]Spaces in Name/Password[/u]. For some reason when I used "First Last" name it caused problems. "First_Last" works fine.
2. [u]Sign-on screen[/u]: If you're using the XP sign on screen (the one where you click on an icon to select a user), you may need to change it to the screen where you have the option to type in the username. I think this option is in the control panel under "User Accounts".
3. [u]Folder for the script[/u]: Needs to be the same as the folder where the Unlocker.exe file is located
4. [u]Vista[/u] I can't say for sure, but it might not run on Vista due to security settings (I'm just guessing here).

I left my laptop at a friend's house over the weekend, so I can't do any testing for the next few days. Try the above suggestions, and if it still doesn't work I'll look at it when I get my laptop back later this week.

Mel[/u]
slowlearner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. check.
2. check.
3.check.
4.n/a

my script doesnt even seem to stimulate the ctrl-alt-del.
extremesanta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Unlock command dosent work on Vista, but the other commands work, i think. Havent tryed them all yet
melquiades

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I forgot to mention...
For the [b]Manual Unlock[/b] to work, you must [b]copy[/b] the Unlocker.exe file (from bohrsatom), and [b]paste[/b] it into the [u]same folder[/u] (not a subfolder) as the "Shutdown Controls" Script. You can keep two copies of the Unlocker file (one here, one with the unlocker script) with no problems. Given that the Unlocker file is bohrsatom's work, I did not feel comfortable packaging it with my script.

Mel
melquiades

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowlearner,
The message you received from running the Unlocker.exe in cmd is fine.
I'm only guessing, but it sounds like the service either was not installed correctly, or the service is not started. Either way, this should solve the problem. I would recommend uninstalling the ACDService, then reinstalling it as follows:

1. On the folder containing the Unlocker script (not mine, bohrstrom's), open a command prompt and type: ACDService.exe -uninstall.
2. On the same folder, open a command prompt and type: ACDService.exe -install.
3. go to start/run/services.msc, and follow the remaining steps in the readme.txt file.

When you're finished, copy the Unlocker.exe file from the Unlocker folder and paste it to the folder where you've unzipped the "shutdown controls.js" file.

Mel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: