FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Salling Clicker for Home Automation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marteken

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Salling Clicker for Home Automation Reply with quote

Hello, I do not have salling clicker but I need to know if it would work with a task Im looking for.

I've managed to integrate my residential systems using some other softwares and I created executables programs (*.exe) which performs an action. For example, I have one *.exe file that turns on the lights, one that turns off the lights, one that turn on m receiver, etc.

Now Im using any software which can call this files to integrate it with my home. I've already done this with answering machine softwares (I call to my house and when I press something it execute one of these files).

Now, I was wondering if I could use Salling Clicker as a in-house remote and create a script that basically would be a menu with my devices and when I press one o the items in the menu it will launch one of my exe files.

Is this possible? Is there any sample file to execute exe files?

Thank you.
simbo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the scipts in "C:\Program Files\Salling Software AB\Salling Clicker\Default Scripts" for examples on how to make the menus.

As to calling your executables, it should be as simple as:-
[code:1]var wsh = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");
wsh.Run("youapp.exe");[/code:1]
marteken

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!
Now, i seems to run smoothly when running a file in "C:\", but when I want to run a file in "Program Files" it doesn't work. It might be because of the space between program and files.

Is there anything I can do? I can't move my files out of program files.

Thanks again
simbo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more likely the backslash. In JavaScript you must double up backslashes in strings. i.e. "C:\Program Files" becomes "C:\\Program Files".
marteken

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. It works great.
hagayp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Home Automation Reply with quote

Hey marteken!

I would appreciate if you could briefly explain in which devices have you used and how you built those executable files that control your home automation being that I'm trying to do so as well.

Thanks a bunch! :)
Hagay :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: