FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

[MSN] --> (possible solution to be able to chat using phone)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is it workable?
Yes!
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
No!
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Will give it a try!
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Runarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we should have some way of checking if all msnplus functions that we are calling from the msn-plus-script are actually being done correctly. many functions will fail if the user is not logged in and other reasons and becouse of that we should stop our script from performing these functions like sending messages and such if we know they will fail, and just give our salling script a notification of it, like user not logged in.

as CookieRevised at msghelp.net told me:

[quote]Deco is forgetting about:
- Checking your own status
- Checking if the Messenger object is available
- Checking the status of the contact
- Testing if you can send a message at all

Very important things you also must do...

And instead of doing the long iterating loop, you can use the GetContact function.

note: a Yahoo contact also has a prefix to its email.[/quote]
Runarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... also, could you make it so that that when you view the online contacts, you view their msn-name instead of the e-mail? e-mail-adress will not be good enoug, I don't know most of my contacts e-mail addresses from my head so I would really like to see their names.
alejoar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. Ive been working with the Windows Live Messenger API and made some cool stuff.

So far I could achieve listing contacts and send messages to any of them without the need of MSN Plus! installed.

Unfortunatelly, MSN API is somewhat incomplete! But there are a lot of things that can be done in a "cleaner" way than with the plus script.

Another advantage is that using the API, other versions of msn are supported (from 6.0, and windows messenger).

Well, attached is what I did, it is kinda incomplete, but you can see how it works and complete it. I dont have time to do this right now.

[b]IMPORTANT TO MAKE IT WORK:[/b]
Since JavaScript as it is would not support event handle, I used another ActiveX object for that porpouse that can be downloaded [url=http://www.meadroid.com/scriptx/indexdocs.asp]from here[/url] (less than 1MB, recommended :P)

If you dont want to install this, please comment the following lines in the script (if you dont install the new ActiveX object and dont comment this lines, the script will not run):
109, 110, 112, 115.
Of course if you do this, Current Chats option will not work.

As I said, MSN API is incomplete, so events such a OnTextReceived are not supported (damn microsoft). But researching I think we can work this out.

EDIT:
Link to the API:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms631614.aspx

EDIT 2:
Since the API does not allow you to send a message (all you can do is open a window) I used part of the Show Message script to send the message, so thanks to its author, Timothy Anido (dont know his nick).

Alex MSN Script.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Alex MSN Script.rar
 Filesize:  2.01 KB
 Downloaded:  929 Time(s)

salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like unintended behavior on part of the Symbian client(s). I'll try to address it in an update.

On the other hand, do you really want to nest *option* lists? Option lists are typically used for settings panels, not for "navigational hierarchies".

Basically, for settings dialogs it's crucial to communicate to the user what the previous setting was, and when a new settings value is committed. In "navigational hierarchies" this isn't the case. Consider the difference between the default behavior in the standard scripts for iTunes "Repeat Mode" and "Browse by Artist" controllers.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="phatez"][b]To salling:[/b] But for my phone (ngage), when i stack 2 option list dialog together, they are show as appended version. For example:
[code:1]
////First option list///////////
Option 1
Option 2
///////////////////////////////

for example if i click on option 1, it will create another option widget to display option 11, instead of this:

/////Second option list//////////////////
Option 11
/////////////////////////

This appear:

//////////Second option list////////////////
Option 1
Option 2
Option 11
////////////////////////////////[/code:1]

Is there no way to solve this?[/quote]
Runarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, phatez and alejoar, how is it going with the scripting? I might be able to do some scripting on this one if anaything is needed.
phatez

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think i have time to do scripting for the next 2 weeks. Have alot of other works to do. But i'll come back and help if i'm free. Good luck enhancing it.
alejoar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in the same situation as phatez, its the mid-term exams period in my university and Im studing hard, but Ill probably be back next weekend.

I thinkg we should start researching the msn api (as I already did, but I mean both of you too :P) so we can start dissociating from msn plus! In my opinion this is very possible and convinient.
alejoar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runarius, I have something for you to do if you want :P

If you have checked the last script I uploaded, you will notice that the current chats shows the entire conversation on the current window. I dont know if you know how to do this, but my request is the following:

I want to only show what has not been seen already, and, in the inverse order as shown right now. I mean, what now is on top, on bottom, and viceversa (most recent messages on top).

Also, I want some function that can check if there is a new message.

If you can do this only with the API (please dont you msn plus :P) that would be a very big step. (Maybe the only needed, the rest is quite easy to implement with the api)
Runarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I don't know how to do anything with the api, barely know what it is. I don't think I will be able to do much more than just the salling script and the msn-plus script, but I agree with you, if it is possible to do it without the msn-plus extension, and without installing any other programs or anything, that would be the best way to do it.
alejoar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Runarius"]sorry, I don't know how to do anything with the api, barely know what it is. I don't think I will be able to do much more than just the salling script and the msn-plus script, but I agree with you, if it is possible to do it without the msn-plus extension, and without installing any other programs or anything, that would be the best way to do it.[/quote]

Not even viewing my script as an example? I didn't know it either, but I learned it fast, its easy. You call the API as an ActiveXObject and then all the functions descrived in the API (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms631614.aspx) can be used inside your script, just see how I did it in my script. If you still cant get it, I can give further advice next week :)

Really, if you try, youll do it, more you, with your skills. I mean, I did it without knowing anything! And, whats better, this is good to learn because then you can do scripts for other software wich have the api available.
Runarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

took a look at your script alejoar, it is brilliant=D

but i think there is a big problem with this approach. On the microsoft link you gave me it says that the messenger API is not supported in windows vista, so it will not work for vista users, and since most of us will get vista one day, I don't think we should do it this way, unless there is a workaround.
alejoar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Runarius"]took a look at your script alejoar, it is brilliant=D

but i think there is a big problem with this approach. On the microsoft link you gave me it says that the messenger API is not supported in windows vista, so it will not work for vista users, and since most of us will get vista one day, I don't think we should do it this way, unless there is a workaround.[/quote]

Well, Microsoft says that because Windows Messenger is not included in Vista (the one that comes installed as default in XP), but while Windows Live Messenger is installed on the pc, the API will work, no matter the Windows version you are on.

Please someone with Vista verify this (try the script and tell if worked) but I'm 99.99% sure it will work :P.

Anyway, we could ask in the microsoft forums too.
eltekko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: I've tried Reply with quote

Hello guys... I started tu use Clicker... and I were very interested on this script so I downloaded and Installed... but... I doesn't work... I've tried everything except programing because I don't know anything about programing.

I have installed Live messenger with plus and the script salling 1.0
and I put the msn folder into the "My clicker scripts" folder
I don't know how... but doesn't sychronize

PD: the other scripts work fine...

my msn is: ezequiele.tejada@gmail.com
please someone helpme
alejoar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you edit the first line with the correct path?

You must do that in order for the script to work.
eltekko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but I have a doubt because I change like this
"//Set path to msn plus folder
var MsnPlusPath = "E://Archivos de programa//Messenger Plus! Live"
and my doubt is Is necessary have two "/"?

thanks for answer me so soon :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: