FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

ctrl+ virtual keypresses in itunes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I'm not using salling clicker any more(using a real media center remote so)
kiboy6

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any kind soul out there who could help me with this?

Sorry to bug, but the ability to activate full screen on itunes from my phone would be the holy grail of my Salling / itunes cover browsing juke-box-like experience!

Thanks in advance!
kiboy6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone? I really really want to be able to remotely set itunes to fullscreen - if anyone with the know-how could help me with this I'd even be willing to pay a little for your time!

Thanks so much...
987poiuytrewq

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kiboy, I was looking into exactly the same thing and I came up with a functional if rather crude way to do it. This exe simulates the keystrokes needed to bring up cover flow full screen on your music Library. Use the code below to launch it:
[code:1]

execute( "C:\\Program Files\\Salling Software AB\\Salling Clicker\\Default Scripts\\iTunes Remote\\CoverFlow.exe", "", true);

function execute(path, arguments, visible)
{
if(visible)
new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application").ShellExecute(path, arguments);
else
new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application").ShellExecute(path, arguments, "", "", 0);
}
[/code:1]

Note you need to copy the exe into the directory given in the code. Hope this helps. If it doesn't, let me know.

CoverFlow.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CoverFlow.rar
 Filesize:  205.17 KB
 Downloaded:  843 Time(s)

kiboy6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thank you so much 987poiuytrewq !

So now all i need to know is how to incorporate the code that launches the exe into Runarius' allround script... would you possibly be able to tell me how to achieve this?

Thanks so so much again! I'm really excited that we can make this work :)
987poiuytrewq

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to launch it using Runarius' script, simply assign a key of your choice to "Launch Program" then type the path to the CoverFlow.exe (with single backslashes eg. C:\Program Files\Salling Software AB\Salling Clicker\Default Scripts\iTunes Remote\CoverFlow.exe if that's where you saved it.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 notes from me:

1. Don't store stuff in the application folder. It may not necessarily be safe in upgrades.

2. Instead of hard-coding paths in your script, use the "resourcesPath" property. It'll point to the script's directory, which is where I recommend you put the coverflow.exe file.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="987poiuytrewq"]If you want to launch it using Runarius' script, simply assign a key of your choice to "Launch Program" then type the path to the CoverFlow.exe (with single backslashes eg. C:\Program Files\Salling Software AB\Salling Clicker\Default Scripts\iTunes Remote\CoverFlow.exe if that's where you saved it.[/quote]
kiboy6

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic... we're almost there!

Just 2 things which would give me the slick control of itunes coverflow on my TV that I've been searching for:

1.) Does coverflow.exe have to point to "Music" (ie all songs) before launching full-screen ? Sometimes I might be in my "soul" smart playlist for example and want to use coverflow view to flick all the albums in that category.

It's easy enough to switch between smart playlists with Runarius' script when itunes starts up because each one is opened just by sending a virtual keypress of it's first letter...ie "s" for soul.

Also, if i use the integrated itunes script within Runarius' script, and I select a song via "browse by artist" the song is opened in a clicker playlist "behind" the full screen cover flow view, and the cover flow view remains on the wrong album. Any way we could change this behavior?

2.) There's probably nothing that can be done about this one, but i thought I'd throw it out there anyway. My monitor is widescreen, whereas my tv is 4:3. When itunes goes to fullscreen on my monitor, the image is not centered on my TV display (cloned with monitor with ATI card).
By moving the mouse I can get it centered so that everything is visible that needs to be, but is there any way you could think to automate this process?
Another alternative would be if itunes could somehow behave as overlay video and be picked up by the graphics card as such - The graphics card would then use "theater mode" to display the coverflow view fullscreen in the correct aspect ratio on my TV. Is there anyway this could be possible (even in theory!)

So many thanks once again :)
987poiuytrewq

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed CoverFlow.exe so that it doesn't point to Music, it just puts the currently viewed playlist into coverflow mode.

I also tweaked the iTunes Select Playlist script so that it changes the view in iTunes to the playlist you select even if you don't play anything from that playlist. This means that if you use the select playlist command while in cover flow, the view behind changes to your new playlist.

If you then launch the CoverFlow.exe again, it will change to your new playlist. Unfortunately it has to close and re-open again which does look a bit ugly but it does allow you to switch playlists.

Also, if you're interested, I modified the existing iTunes script a bit to support cover flow browsing. The screen might be the wrong size for your phone, and I've taken some options out, but everything else ought to work. See what you think.

As to your TV problems I can't think of anything that might trick iTunes into displaying in a different aspect ratio except if it was already in that ratio. Can you add your TV as a second, independant monitor. Ie not a clone of your computer, but a second screen. If so, you could move iTunes onto it and it should sort out the size itself.

@Salling thanks for the tip, I had no idea that existed - it's pretty handy

iTunes Cover Flow Edition.rar
 Description:
Full script for cover flow control

Download
 Filename:  iTunes Cover Flow Edition.rar
 Filesize:  213.24 KB
 Downloaded:  854 Time(s)

iTunes Select Playlist.rar
 Description:
Modified select playlist script

Download
 Filename:  iTunes Select Playlist.rar
 Filesize:  2.01 KB
 Downloaded:  804 Time(s)

CoverFlow2.rar
 Description:
The one that doesn't point to Music

Download
 Filename:  CoverFlow2.rar
 Filesize:  205.15 KB
 Downloaded:  806 Time(s)

kiboy6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god! Thank you so much... this is what I have been waiting for ever since coverflow was included in itunes... I can't thank you enough for doing this.

The only thing now between me and true greatness is point number 2 in my earlier post. I have a lcd widescreen monitor that displays at 1440 x 900.
----------------[i]edit : nevermind - i just saw that you addressed this in your post above...oh well I'll keep my ramblings below here just in case they can ever be addressed by someone! I have to keep my tv in clone mode in order to have satisfactory theater mode full screen playback of video off my computer[/i]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When i view coverflow fullscreen on my 4:3 TV some of the image is obviously chopped off...now this isn't a problem as long as the mouse is moved so the image on the tv screen is centered...However this obviously isn't very slick if you're sitting on the couch and want to whack coverflow on the TV.

I'm aware that this may be an impossible wish to fulfill, but I just thought I'd throw it out there in case you can think of an ingenious workaround :D One idea I had, although I'd have no clue how to implement it, would be to make itunes / itunes coverflow be treated by the graphics card as overlay video...that way it could open in "theater mode" on the TV, and would thus automatically be centered or displayed in letterbox on the TV, either one of which I'd be fine with :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so so so much again :D The work you have done will really make a big difference to my life!
987poiuytrewq

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it does look pretty slick doesn't it - on a par with FrontRow perhaps. Do you mean that if you simply move the mouse around a bit after it goes fullscreen, the display will automatically reconfigure itself, or do you need to click on specific stuff? Moving the mouse sutomatically would be really easy to do.

On the overlay front, try downloading a program called Magical Glass
http://freestone-group.com/download/magg.zip
This sets a small portion of your screen to be magnified and sent to overlay (I think). Try setting magnification factor to 1 and region to entire screen and see if it works. I'm not confident it will, but it's worth a try surely.
kiboy6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's even better than FrontRow! Like I said, I've been dreaming of the possibility of this ever since Itunes incoprporated full screen coverflow. Thanks so much for your great work.

On the TV front, I've been playing around with magical glass but no joy yet.

[quote]Do you mean that if you simply move the mouse around a bit after it goes fullscreen, the display will automatically reconfigure itself, or do you need to click on specific stuff? Moving the mouse automatically would be really easy to do.
[/quote]

This could be the solution - you don't have to click on anything just move the mouse around so that the screen is centered. As you drag the mouse off the edges of the TV display the area displayed scrolls accordingly.

So yes, if we could just get the fullscreen script to move the mouse pointer in the correct way that would definitely solve my problem. The only problem is that the mouse pointer can start in different places on the screen, so the solution would have to involve taking the mouse as far as it will go towards one corner, and then back towards another corner a set amount that will center the screen.

In other words - when coverflow goes to fullscreen the script could move the pointer as far right and as far up as it can go. Then it will move a certain amount left and a certain amount down (I'd have to play around with these values to fit my screen) untill the TV display was centered. Is this something we could do? That would be amazing!

Thanks again so so much. :D

PS. Is there a reason why there has never been a "quit" option in any of Salling Clicker's itunes remote scripts?
987poiuytrewq

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can give me the coordianets to move the mouse to ( in terms of pixels down and right from the top left corner ) I can add this to the CoverFlow.exe - incidentally written in Autohotkey, check it out if you want, it's the easiest to use language I've come acrosss - or maybe even in the script itself.
kiboy6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's very kind of you :D

I'm just not sure how I could figure out the exact coordinates of where i'd need to move the mouse to. However if you could alter the script to make the mouse move 1) as far left and as far up as possible
and then 2) down "y" pixels and right "x" pixels

I could then play around with the values of x and y until it centered the display perfectly. (as long as you told me where to input these variables of course!)

Of course if you can think of a way for me to let you know the values of x and y before you make the modifications that would make more sense, I just don't know how to quanitfy the amount of mouse movement...

Thanks again!
987poiuytrewq

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this. A new version of the executable which accepts two parameters, x and y coordiantes to move to as measured from the the top left corner. To edit these parameters, go into the CoverFlow.js script and edit the variables on the top lines to your heart's desire. Enjoy.

CoverFlow.rar
 Description:
Moves the mouse after going fullscreen

Download
 Filename:  CoverFlow.rar
 Filesize:  205.82 KB
 Downloaded:  841 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: