FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

connection failed, the device lacks the required services

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_mammal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: connection failed, the device lacks the required services Reply with quote

hi there, after having problems with the last bluetooth donlg ei had i decided to get another, a plug and play one.

So it arrived today all great, plugged in and it paired the pc to the phone.

i then run sailing clicker, say set up device, it does that and finds the device using th dongle. but then when i went to connect i get the following message:

"connection failed, the device lacks the required services. try restarting, installing the applicable client application, or make sure the client application is active."

i go to about and it says Microsoft device present, execution mode enabled, bonjour enabled.

so whats going wrong with it? thanks
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What device do you have? Did you try the things suggested in the error message?
jedd.jarvis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this every time I tweak [i]anything[/i] Bluetooth related on my PC. After a Bluetooth upgrade, Bluetooth works for everything [i]except [/i]Salling. (e.g. Nokia PC Suite)

The only solution I've found is to reinstall Salling Clicker on the PC and phone and then reboot both.

--------------------------------------------------
Dell Dimension 2400, Celeron 2.4 Ghz, 1GB
Windows XP Home SP2
Linksys WRT54GL v3 Wireless Router, Firmware v4.30.11, DHCP, WPA2
Salling 3.5.0.860
Nokia 6682
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by "tweaking"? Bluetooth upgrade? Are you really using the MS Bluetooth stack? AFAIK, there hasn't been any upgrades to it.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="jedd.jarvis"]I see this every time I tweak [i]anything[/i] Bluetooth related on my PC. After a Bluetooth upgrade, Bluetooth works for everything [i]except [/i]Salling. (e.g. Nokia PC Suite)

The only solution I've found is to reinstall Salling Clicker on the PC and phone and then reboot both.

--------------------------------------------------
Dell Dimension 2400, Celeron 2.4 Ghz, 1GB
Windows XP Home SP2
Linksys WRT54GL v3 Wireless Router, Firmware v4.30.11, DHCP, WPA2
Salling 3.5.0.860
Nokia 6682[/quote]
jedd.jarvis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Excellent Question Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]What do you mean by "tweaking"? Bluetooth upgrade? Are you really using the MS Bluetooth stack? AFAIK, there hasn't been any upgrades to it.
[/quote]

I don't believe I'm using the MS Bluetooth Stack. But here we are off the map of my PC knowledge and experience.

This is a 4 yr old Dell Dimension 2400, Celeron 2.4 Ghz, 1GB Memory,
Windows XP Home SP2, IOGear Bluetooth Wireless USB Adapter GBU221. Device Manager calls it a Broadcom 2045 Bluetooth 2.0 USB Device, driver provided by WIDCOMM. Is that enough info to determine whether it's using the MS Bluetooth Stack?

"Tweaking" means upgrading the driver. A few weeks ago I upgraded the driver for the Broadcom 2045 Bluetooth 2.0 USB Device, and Salling Clicker stopped working.

Gracias
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Excellent Question Reply with quote

You're correct in this probably not using the MS stack. May I ask what version of the Broadcom "stack" you have installed there? Should be an "About" option somewhere under the Bluetooth icon in the task bar notification area.

(you don't have two Bluetooth dongles hooked up to the computer, do you?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="jedd.jarvis"][quote="salling"]What do you mean by "tweaking"? Bluetooth upgrade? Are you really using the MS Bluetooth stack? AFAIK, there hasn't been any upgrades to it.
[/quote]

I don't believe I'm using the MS Bluetooth Stack. But here we are off the map of my PC knowledge and experience.

This is a 4 yr old Dell Dimension 2400, Celeron 2.4 Ghz, 1GB Memory,
Windows XP Home SP2, IOGear Bluetooth Wireless USB Adapter GBU221. Device Manager calls it a Broadcom 2045 Bluetooth 2.0 USB Device, driver provided by WIDCOMM. Is that enough info to determine whether it's using the MS Bluetooth Stack?

"Tweaking" means upgrading the driver. A few weeks ago I upgraded the driver for the Broadcom 2045 Bluetooth 2.0 USB Device, and Salling Clicker stopped working.

Gracias[/quote]
Shin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno where to post it so I put is here:

Ihave similar problem, my Phone (SE W610i) works fine with all bluesoleil verison (1.6, 3.2.2 and even with 5.0.5)
BUT it fails to connect only with Salling Clicker. When I start the java on the phone, and then i try to connect, it sad:
"Salling Clicker does not appear to be launched on the computer" but it has really started. Bluesoleil has also started, I connected the phone properly, but in Salling Clicker, the Device Setup panel sad: bluetooth is unavailible... WTF?!
So I can't pair Saling and my phone... what now?
Shin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for fast replies... :?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hijacked a thread about a different topic. Your BlueSoleil installation is either broken or you're using a version of BS that's not compatible. I recommend sticking to the official version: 2.3.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Shin"]thanx for fast replies... :?[/quote]
Shin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]You hijacked a thread about a different topic. Your BlueSoleil installation is either broken or you're using a version of BS that's not compatible. I recommend sticking to the official version: 2.3.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Shin"]thanx for fast replies... :?[/quote][/quote]

I did't want to start a new topic for this nothing... that's why
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: