FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

TOSHIBA and administrator privileges - UPDATE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gixxer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: TOSHIBA and administrator privileges - UPDATE Reply with quote

I have so trouble with my bluetooth, everything was working fine, but when i disable the account protection or something like that, i got this message...

[color=blue]Detected TOSHIBA Bluetooth, but cannot use this stack when launched with administrator privileges.
This is a TOSHIBA issue, and we are waiting for a fix.

Solution: Relaunch the salling clicker application from the start menu.[/color]

i have done this but i get the same message. can it be solved????

thanks
________
[URL=http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Model_U]Ford Model U[/URL]

Last edited by Gixxer on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TOSHIBA SDK won't run with admin privileges (this may have been fixed by Toshiba is recent updates, but I'm not sure about this). Whatever you did when disabling UAC caused your apps to run with elevated privileges.

My only sure-fire recommendation is to turn UAC back on.

Best.
--
Jonas
Gixxer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]The TOSHIBA SDK won't run with admin privileges (this may have been fixed by Toshiba is recent updates, but I'm not sure about this). Whatever you did when disabling UAC caused your apps to run with elevated privileges.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

as u said, i turned it back on and it works fine now, but it would be good to make it to work with UAC off cause is so disturbing when working. if you find out a way of doing this, please post it, it will be very usefull

thanks
________
[URL=http://www.vaporshop.com/herbalaire-vaporizer.html]herbalaire vaporizer[/URL]

Last edited by Gixxer on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do understand that UAC is disturbing, but the problem is in the Toshiba stack. Perhaps there are other ways of getting our software to run in non-elevated mode while UAC is turned off, but I'm not aware of such tricks.

Anyone?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Gixxer"][quote="salling"]The TOSHIBA SDK won't run with admin privileges (this may have been fixed by Toshiba is recent updates, but I'm not sure about this). Whatever you did when disabling UAC caused your apps to run with elevated privileges.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

as u said, i turned it back on and it works fine now, but it would be good to make it to work with UAC off cause is so disturbing when working. if you find out a way of doing this, please post it, it will be very usefull

thanks[/quote]
Mephisteus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the same message saying it doesn't work. I ignore it (don't close it, don't do anything with it), and the program works without flaw.

I don't know if this is just me or what, but being able to close the warning screen without terminating the program would be great :)

Windows:
Vista Ultimate 64-Bit

Bluetooth:
Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba
Version v5.10.05.2

Using bluetooth 2.0
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check with Toshiba to see if they've fixed this problem in a recent stack update. Seems like it, judging by your report. Thanks!

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Mephisteus"]I've got the same message saying it doesn't work. I ignore it (don't close it, don't do anything with it), and the program works without flaw.

I don't know if this is just me or what, but being able to close the warning screen without terminating the program would be great :)

Windows:
Vista Ultimate 64-Bit

Bluetooth:
Version v5.10.05.2

Using bluetooth 2.0[/quote]
Gixxer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]I'll check with Toshiba to see if they've fixed this problem in a recent stack update. Seems like it, judging by your report. Thanks!

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Mephisteus"]I've got the same message saying it doesn't work. I ignore it (don't close it, don't do anything with it), and the program works without flaw.

Windows:
Vista Ultimate 64-Bit

Bluetooth:
Version v5.10.05.2

Using bluetooth 2.0[/quote][/quote]

it would be great if u can fix it, i havent used Sallingclicker latetly because of having the windows protector disable.

thanks !! and i hope u can fix it !!
________
[URL=http://trichomes.org/hashish/honey-oil]hash honey oil[/URL]

salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixxer:

Please try doing what Mephisteus did: upgrade to the same version of the stack as he's got and try leaving the message window open.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Gixxer"][quote="salling"]I'll check with Toshiba to see if they've fixed this problem in a recent stack update. Seems like it, judging by your report. Thanks!

Best.
--
Jonas

Windows:
Vista Ultimate 64-Bit

Bluetooth:
Version v5.10.05.2

it would be great if u can fix it, i havent used Sallingclicker latetly because of having the windows protector disable.

thanks !! and i hope u can fix it !![/quote]
Gixxer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Gixxer:

Please try doing what Mephisteus did: upgrade to the same version of the stack as he's got and try leaving the message window open.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Gixxer"][quote="salling"]I'll check with Toshiba to see if they've fixed this problem in a recent stack update. Seems like it, judging by your report. Thanks!

Best.
--
Jonas

Windows:
Vista Ultimate 64-Bit

Bluetooth:
Version v5.10.05.2

thanks !! and i hope u can fix it !![/quote][/quote]

i have v5.10.03 and if i dont close the error message i can use salling clicker perfectly. so from what i see, it would be a good idea to take that error message as SC does work

salling u can send me a modified version of SC and i can leave u feedback if it works.
________
[URL=http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Crown_Victoria]Ford Crown Victoria history[/URL]

Gixxer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any update salling???

Mephisteus where did u get that version? cause the one i have found is 5.10.12

http://aps.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/pages/download.php

im just about to check how it works
________
[URL=http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Explorer_Sport_Trac]Ford Explorer Sport Trac history[/URL]

Gixxer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, the new version did not work. i downloaded version 5.10.03(SO) and works for pc suite (so bluetooth is working) but for salling clicker i get this message...

[color=red]Cannot install the eSellerate Engine.

The first launch needs to be done with administrator privileges.

Right-click the Salling Clicker application icon in your Start menu and select "Run as Administrator".[/color]

I have UAC activated.

if i run salling clicker as administrator i get the first message...

[color=red]Detected TOSHIBA Bluetooth, but cannot use this stack when launched with administrator privileges.
This is a TOSHIBA issue, and we are waiting for a fix.

Solution: Relaunch the salling clicker application from the start menu. [/color]

seems that the problem is of Salling Clicker, cause bluetooth works.
________
[URL=http://volcanovaporizer.net/]volcano vaporizers[/URL]

salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said "if i dont close the error message i can use salling clicker perfectly".

This is the workaround I'm afraid you'll have to live with until the update is ready.

Best.
--
Jonas
Gixxer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]You said "if i dont close the error message i can use salling clicker perfectly".

This is the workaround I'm afraid you'll have to live with until the update is ready.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

yes but i notice that only some scripts worked.

so i updated the bluetooth stack drivers and now salling clicker does not find any phone. but my rest of bluetooth software work.
________
[URL=http://essentialvaaappvaporizer.com]essential vaaapp[/URL]

Last edited by Gixxer on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. You're mixing things up here. Upgrading the Bluetooth stack wouldn't fix "script" errors.

When you say that Clicker doesn't find your phone, could you please explain exactly what you mean? Also, I presume your phone is discoverable?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Gixxer"][quote="salling"]You said "if i dont close the error message i can use salling clicker perfectly".

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

so i updated the bluetooth stack drivers and now salling clicker does not find any phone. but my rest of bluetooth software work.[/quote]
Gixxer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Okay. You're mixing things up here. Upgrading the Bluetooth stack wouldn't fix "script" errors.

When you say that Clicker doesn't find your phone, could you please explain exactly what you mean? Also, I presume your phone is discoverable?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Gixxer"][quote="salling"]You said "if i dont close the error message i can use salling clicker perfectly".

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

so i updated the bluetooth stack drivers and now salling clicker does not find any phone. but my rest of bluetooth software work.[/quote][/quote]

hi salling again !!

i have puts some hours into this issue

1) i have tried doing what the pdf for parrot devices said about this problem, DID NOT WORK

2) i have tried other drivers. DID NOT WORK

3) I restored everything to original in my vaio, with toshiba stack and all i can say is that if you delete the warning message that closes salling clicker when windows vista is not running the UAC everything should work fine with the toshiba stack.

can you do this? cause salling clicker continues working if you dont accept the error message, but if you accept it the program will close.

thanks
________
[URL=http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_SHO_V6_engine]Ford SHO V6 engine history[/URL]

Last edited by Gixxer on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: