FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

iTunes Remote wont do anything

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: iTunes Remote wont do anything Reply with quote

Hello,

Used this software fine in the past but recently had to do a hard reset. Everything installed fine and I can connect by both WiFi and Bluetooth. If i go into the system options i can control the Mouse etc fine but if i click on iTunes Remote nothing happens.I have reparied iTunes and made sure nothing was running in the back ground. I have re-installed the software etc etc but to no avail.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Beam
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: iTunes Remote wont do anything Reply with quote

I'd say it's still an iTunes problem. Did you try uninstalling it and reinstalling, without Clicker (or any other application) launched?

If reinstalling doesn't help, please let me know what's printed in the Script Log (available from the system tray menu).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Beam"]Hello,

Used this software fine in the past but recently had to do a hard reset. Everything installed fine and I can connect by both WiFi and Bluetooth. If i go into the system options i can control the Mouse etc fine but if i click on iTunes Remote nothing happens.I have reparied iTunes and made sure nothing was running in the back ground. I have re-installed the software etc etc but to no avail.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Beam[/quote]
Beam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Yes to the first part.

This is some of the data from the log, loads of these entries just different times

Wed Sep 19 19:57:48 2007
PowerPoint Remote - Microsoft JScript runtime error
[Line: 116 (1)] Automation server can't create object

Wed Sep 19 19:57:48 2007
iTunes Remote - Microsoft JScript runtime error
[Line: 88 (1)] Automation server can't create object

Thanks
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Beam:

Thanks for the log! It's Clicker itself that isn't properly installed and registered. Please try repairing or reinstalling Clicker on your PC.

Best.
--
Jonas
Beam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briliant! Didnt think to try that :oops: All working again

quicksilver8478

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im having the same problem on my windows vista home premium computer... the log says

Sat May 17 19:01:31 2008
iTunes - Microsoft JScript runtime error

like the guy before i've reinstalled 4 times and repaired it like 5.

I just bought this and it already doesn't work, i have an htc mogul from sprint... with windows mobile 6.1 in case anyone needs to know
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must quit *all* running apps (esp. Anti-virus software) and reinstall Clicker. That should take care of the problem.

Also, it might be interesting to know what sort of Vista set you got there. Standard or heavily modified with UAC turned off etc? Also, what type of user account did you install from? What type of account are you testing from?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="quicksilver8478"]im having the same problem on my windows vista home premium computer... the log says

like the guy before i've reinstalled 4 times and repaired it like 5.

I just bought this and it already doesn't work, i have an htc mogul from sprint... with windows mobile 6.1 in case anyone needs to know[/quote]
quicksilver8478

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: try #gajillion Reply with quote

i'll try without any app running, and i have UAC turned off... i hate it... absolutely hate it. like the mac and pc ad from apple. im installing from the only account this computer has.. my own its my laptop. and im admin. personal laptop.

i'll update this when im done... and i'll also do it in safe mode as well. why not!.. hehe..

Edit: i tried, and i still have the same problem. i have no anti-virus running, no UAC, no other programs running. just the install.

and here is the newest script.

not sure what to do.
quicksilver8478

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im still haing the same problem with powerpoint, itunes nd media player... but each just saying on a different line, but i can't control them... at all.

am i supposed to open them beforehand? it used to open them for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: