FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Problems using autoconnect with symbian client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njitram

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Problems using autoconnect with symbian client Reply with quote

I installed the symbian client on my N80, works with my bluetooth enabled laptop (although I have some weird error message during installation about a Z: disk it is missing when not in admin mode on winxp, it works using my local admin account).

The main problem though is that I cannot get the client to connect to my workstation. I can connect from another PC to the workstation using telnet (192.168.1.9:52131), so the clicker server on the (vista) workstation works correct, but if I try do search for my workstation on my N80, it cannot find the workstation :( It says 'no computers found, search again'. I tried using the N80 webbrowser to connect to my webserver on my workstation, that works too.

So, it must be something with searching for the workstation I guess. Is there a way to manually configure the ip adress in the symbian client, bypassing the search part of the N80 client?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Problems using autoconnect with symbian client Reply with quote

There is no way of manually entering an IP address. You should make sure to enable port UDP 5353 in your firewall(s); this will make the search work.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="njitram"]I installed the symbian client on my N80, works with my bluetooth enabled laptop (although I have some weird error message during installation about a Z: disk it is missing when not in admin mode on winxp, it works using my local admin account).

The main problem though is that I cannot get the client to connect to my workstation. I can connect from another PC to the workstation using telnet (192.168.1.9:52131), so the clicker server on the (vista) workstation works correct, but if I try do search for my workstation on my N80, it cannot find the workstation :( It says 'no computers found, search again'. I tried using the N80 webbrowser to connect to my webserver on my workstation, that works too.

So, it must be something with searching for the workstation I guess. Is there a way to manually configure the ip adress in the symbian client, bypassing the search part of the N80 client?[/quote]
njitram

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried disabling the complete firewall on Vista, didn't work. I can connect from other machines to my workstation fine, and also from a browser on the Nokia N80 to my local webserver on my workstation, so I have no idea why this doesn't work, but it doesn't :( Any other suugestions? Are there any logfiles or anything else that I can inspect to see whats happening? Else I am afraid I have to give up..
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your network setup like? Perhaps your router isn't letting UDP 5353 through properly?

I don't have other reports of this being a problem with either Vista or the N80.

One more thing: I trust you're not using the needless F-Secure aw/fw software on your N80?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="njitram"]I tried disabling the complete firewall on Vista, didn't work. I can connect from other machines to my workstation fine, and also from a browser on the Nokia N80 to my local webserver on my workstation, so I have no idea why this doesn't work, but it doesn't :( Any other suugestions? Are there any logfiles or anything else that I can inspect to see whats happening? Else I am afraid I have to give up..[/quote]
njitram

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely does not use that f-secure software. My network setup is straightforward: one integrated adsl/router/wireless accesspoint (davolink), provided from my provider (tele2 in the netherlands), and all pc's connected to that, either by wifi or by cable.

I will receive a N95 8 gb today or tomorrow, and will give it a try with that one, maybe that works.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gut feel tells me the problem is with your davolink setup.

Do you have Salling Clicker installed on any computer connected via WiFi to the Davolink box?

Does iTunes sharing work between computers on your network? In particular between computers using WiFi and computers using a wired connection?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="njitram"]I definitely does not use that f-secure software. My network setup is straightforward: one integrated adsl/router/wireless accesspoint (davolink), provided from my provider (tele2 in the netherlands), and all pc's connected to that, either by wifi or by cable.

I will receive a N95 8 gb today or tomorrow, and will give it a try with that one, maybe that works.[/quote]
neilneil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I am having the same problem but with my N95, i can connect via bluetooth without a hitch, but i when i try to connect via wifi the phone does not fnd any computers at all. I have also installed the client to my old phone (O2 XDA Mini s) which also connects via bluetooth with out a problem, I can also connect via wifi but i have to [b]manually[/b] enter the IP.

This say's that the Salling server is working OK but not broadcasting (is that the right term???) i have disabled windows firewall and also added the ports in the firewall and on the router just incase.

Any ideas??

i am running Vista with a netgear ADSL router.

Thanks

Neil
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your netgear is eating the mDNS packages (we use this for auto-discovery).

With a good router, this shouldn't happen unless it's configured in such a way that wireless and wired clients (PCs, wifi-phones) are somehow insulated from each other (which would defeat the purpose of networking them).

Would you be able to tell me how your computer is connected to the router? wire or wifi?

Also, if you could provide a link to this particular router's online documentation, I'll try to figure something from it.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="neilneil"]Hi Guys,

I am having the same problem but with my N95, i can connect via bluetooth without a hitch, but i when i try to connect via wifi the phone does not fnd any computers at all. I have also installed the client to my old phone (O2 XDA Mini s) which also connects via bluetooth with out a problem, I can also connect via wifi but i have to [b]manually[/b] enter the IP.

This say's that the Salling server is working OK but not broadcasting (is that the right term???) i have disabled windows firewall and also added the ports in the firewall and on the router just incase.

Any ideas??

i am running Vista with a netgear ADSL router.

Thanks

Neil[/quote]
neilneil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for the quick reply, i am using a Netgear DG834Gv3 after your response i did a quick google search on Netgear and mDNS and found a post about problems with early firmware versions - just updated to the latest version and im good to go!

All i need now is a script to allow me to switch the iTunes speakers from desktop to living room / Kitchen etc and i will be has happy as a pig in ...well you know.

Thanks once again for the help, Keep up the good work.

Neil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: