FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

PocketPC 2003/Widcomm: Clickerapp is not valid pocket pc app

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: PocketPC 2003/Widcomm: Clickerapp is not valid pocket pc app Reply with quote

Turns out a minor mistake in the version 3.5 of our Windows Mobile client bumps the Widcomm stack version requirement to "1.5 or greater" (instead of "1.4.1.60 or greater", as stated in the specifications).

The problem manifests itself if your Pocket PC's Widcomm stack version is below 1.5. You'd be getting this error when trying to launch the client application on your Windows Mobile device:

"Clickerapp is not valid pocket pc app"

The solution is to download and install the attached EXE. Then run it from your PC to install on your device.

Best.
--
Jonas

Clicker_PocketPC_2003_BC.exe.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Clicker_PocketPC_2003_BC.exe.zip
 Filesize:  365.48 KB
 Downloaded:  1889 Time(s)

svaneborg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday it worked now IT SUCKZ BIG TIME.......
Cannot get clicker installed on my PDA Acer N30 both the pc and PDA are in active sync mode i can tranfer files both ways but The clicker app still say not a valid app (and yes installing for the pc)

I have given up have used more than 5 hour究 today.......

Regards
Svaneborg, Denmark
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it worked yesterday, why are you installing again?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="svaneborg"]yesterday it worked now IT SUCKZ BIG TIME.......
Cannot get clicker installed on my PDA Acer N30 both the pc and PDA are in active sync mode i can tranfer files both ways but The clicker app still say not a valid app (and yes installing for the pc)

Regards
Svaneborg, Denmark[/quote]
svaneborg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hej Jonas...
Because the other day I Closed my Media Center Pc and the next day after booth it didnt connect at ALL...thats wy I reinstall.....
+ I Only wanna use the PDA as the Clicker Client..

Regards
Svaneborg

PS.. thinks its tha PDA Widcomm Driver Its below the 1.5 driver (Think Its 1.40

[quote="salling"]If it worked yesterday, why are you installing again?

Best.
--
Jonas

Regards
Svaneborg, Denmark[/quote][/quote]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be that you're transferring the EXE above to your PDA? You should run the EXE on your PC to install the client.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="svaneborg"]Hej Jonas...
Because the other day I Closed my Media Center Pc and the next day after booth it didnt connect at ALL...thats wy I reinstall.....

Regards
Svaneborg

Best.
--
Jonas

Regards
Svaneborg, Denmark[/quote][/quote][/quote]
svaneborg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonas.

I am installing from the pc but nothings beeing transferred to the PDA (Acer N30).

Bluetooth Activesync is on (I can transfer files from the PDA to the pc and back again).

When I install I use the fixed .EXE file posted in the beginning of this post and not the one from the Clicker 3.5 software (believe me I have tried that one to)

The Acer PDA is using the widcomm 1.4.2.2 driver this functions perfektly when i connect from Windows Vista and back to the PDA.

When I install the .EXE file It says files will be transferred when PDA is reconnected but nothing at all happens NO absolutely no file transfers..

What about unpacking the .EXE file so I maybe can transfer the INstall files direktly in the PDA manually, could that work???

Hope I have written this correctly so you understand

Hope to find a solution.

Regards
Svaneborg

[quote="salling"]Could it be that you're transferring the EXE above to your PDA? You should run the EXE on your PC to install the client.

Best.
--
Jonas

Regards
Svaneborg

Best.
--
Jonas

Regards
Svaneborg, Denmark[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like you have an ActiveSync issue with your Windows installation. Did you try restarting your PC?

If you prefer to work with the raw CAB, you can find it here:

http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5570

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="svaneborg"]Hi Jonas.

I am installing from the pc but nothings beeing transferred to the PDA (Acer N30).

Bluetooth Activesync is on (I can transfer files from the PDA to the pc and back again).

When I install I use the fixed .EXE file posted in the beginning of this post and not the one from the Clicker 3.5 software (believe me I have tried that one to)

The Acer PDA is using the widcomm 1.4.2.2 driver this functions perfektly when i connect from Windows Vista and back to the PDA.

When I install the .EXE file It says files will be transferred when PDA is reconnected but nothing at all happens NO absolutely no file transfers..

What about unpacking the .EXE file so I maybe can transfer the INstall files direktly in the PDA manually, could that work???

Hope to find a solution.

Regards
Svaneborg

[quote="salling"]Could it be that you're transferring the EXE above to your PDA? You should run the EXE on your PC to install the client.

Best.
--
Jonas

Regards
Svaneborg

Best.
--
Jonas

Regards
Svaneborg, Denmark[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
svaneborg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonas....

Thankx for the .CAB file that solved the problem.....
I can now start the clicker from the PDA but now another problem ..

I cant get Media player to start up....with Itunes no problem...
Clicker client on PDA says install/repair Media Player ????

I just rembered I used windows update to day, there was an update within MP 11 regarding Mobile devices, maybe thats the issue...
I will try to uinstall the update and see how it goes....

Regards
Svaneborg

[quote="salling"]Sounds to me like you have an ActiveSync issue with your Windows installation. Did you try restarting your PC?

Best.
--
Jonas

Hope to find a solution.

Regards
Svaneborg

Best.
--
Jonas

Regards
Svaneborg

Best.
--
Jonas

Regards
Svaneborg, Denmark[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
svaneborg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonas.
After almost 10 hour's i got working with the winamp script and the .CAB file installed on my PDA...
Windows Media Player is still DEAD may it rest in peace...

Thanx for your help....

Regards
Svaneborg

[quote="svaneborg"]Hi Jonas....

Thankx for the .CAB file that solved the problem.....
I can now start the clicker from the PDA but now another problem ..

I cant get Media player to start up....with Itunes no problem...
Clicker client on PDA says install/repair Media Player ????

I just rembered I used windows update to day, there was an update within MP 11 regarding Mobile devices, maybe thats the issue...
I will try to uinstall the update and see how it goes....

Regards
Svaneborg

[quote="salling"]Sounds to me like you have an ActiveSync issue with your Windows installation. Did you try restarting your PC?

Best.
--
Jonas

Hope to find a solution.

Regards
Svaneborg

Best.
--
Jonas

Regards
Svaneborg

Best.
--
Jonas

Regards
Svaneborg, Denmark[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: