FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Backlight on Z8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quico

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Backlight on Z8 Reply with quote

Hi,

does anybody know if it is possible to turn the backlight off on the Moto Z8? Other Java apps (like Opera Mini) turn the backlight off after the predetermined timeout, but with Salling Clicker the backligth remains on all the time, impacting battery life. Thanks!

Regards,
Quico
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Backlight on Z8 Reply with quote

Quico,

Not quite true, I think. The backlight should go off after 10 minutes. We keep it on to prevent keylocks etc from engaging, which would be incredibly annoying during presentations, for instance.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Quico"]Hi,

does anybody know if it is possible to turn the backlight off on the Moto Z8? Other Java apps (like Opera Mini) turn the backlight off after the predetermined timeout, but with Salling Clicker the backligth remains on all the time, impacting battery life. Thanks!

Regards,
Quico[/quote]
Quico

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Backlight on Z8 Reply with quote

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply. I have tested it, and you're correct, after 10 minutes the backlight goes off - I never waited that long before, I went back to the idle screen so the backlight would dim immediately.

Now it this 10 minutes timeout could be configured, it would be great!

Regards,
Quico

[quote="salling"]Quico,

Not quite true, I think. The backlight should go off after 10 minutes. We keep it on to prevent keylocks etc from engaging, which would be incredibly annoying during presentations, for instance.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Quico"]Hi,

Regards,
Quico[/quote][/quote]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be adjusted, if you really are using the Java client. See the settings menu in the software on the phone, when you're not connected.

If you're using the UIQ3 client, this option is not (yet) available.

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: