FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Windows Mobile 6, Clicker, and Broadcom Bluetooth (solved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jan Nev

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Windows Mobile 6, Clicker, and Broadcom Bluetooth (solved) Reply with quote

Hi, I have bought an ASUS P535 with windows mobile 6. I also have instaled Sailling clicker. The problem is that Sailling doesn't recognize the bluetooth of my PDA but this one is active. Please coluld you help me?

Thanks

Jan
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: ASUS P535 and bluetooth problem Reply with quote

Hi Jan,

Do you know what Bluetooth stack your ASUS uses?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Jan Nev"]Hi, I have bought an ASUS P535 with windows mobile 6. I also have instaled Sailling clicker. The problem is that Sailling doesn't recognize the bluetooth of my PDA but this one is active. Please coluld you help me?

Thanks

Jan[/quote]
Jan Nev

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: ASUS P535 and bluetooth problem Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Hi Jan,

Best.
--
Jonas

[/quote]

No, I don't know and also I don't know how to get it that info. I have looked my PDA and I found this:

Bluetooth for windows CE
BT-PPC/PE Versión 1.7.1 Build 9807

Hope that this help
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ASUS P535 and bluetooth problem Reply with quote

Try grabbing the Broadcom version of the Pocket PC client. It looks like your ASUS is using the Broadcom stack.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Jan Nev"][quote="salling"]Hi Jan,

Best.
--
Jonas

[/quote]

No, I don't know and also I don't know how to get it that info. I have looked my PDA and I found this:

Bluetooth for windows CE
BT-PPC/PE Versión 1.7.1 Build 9807

Hope that this help[/quote]
Jan Nev

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: ASUS P535 and bluetooth problem Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Try grabbing the Broadcom version of the Pocket PC client. It looks like your ASUS is using the Broadcom stack.

Best.
--
Jonas

[/quote]

In fact in the info of my bluetooth it's appear Copyright 199-2006 Broadcom Corporation. But please could you explain what I have to do exactly. I don't speak english very well and I can't understan what do you mean with "try grabbing".

Thanks

Jan
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the incomplete description. Here's what to try:

System Preferences -> Salling Clicker -> Set up Device

BRAND: Windows Mobile 5
MODEL: Pocket PC (Broadcom)

Then follow the same procedure used when you installed the client you've got on the asus now.

I didn't expect there'd be any WM6 device with the Broadcom stack, so this is slightly untested, but there's a chance it'll work.

Best.
--
Jonas
Jan Nev

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, you are the best ;-). I have gone through your path and now my PDA is conected via bluetooth. It works perfectly.

Thank u so much

PD. By the way you have to know that Sailling Clicker [url=http://www.losimprescindibles.com/archives/17/06/2007/cinco-aplicaciones-imprescindibles-para-mac-osx/]is a "must"[/url] for me. Very soon, I hope to do a full review in spanish for my blog.

[quote="salling"]Sorry about the incomplete description. Here's what to try:

Then follow the same procedure used when you installed the client you've got on the asus now.

I didn't expect there'd be any WM6 device with the Broadcom stack, so this is slightly untested, but there's a chance it'll work.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Glad to hear it!

I'll update the subject of this thread in order to make it more generally useful for future forum visitors.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Jan Nev"]Man, you are the best ;-). I have gone through your path and now my PDA is conected via bluetooth. It works perfectly.

Thank u so much

PD. By the way you have to know that Sailling Clicker [url=http://www.losimprescindibles.com/archives/17/06/2007/cinco-aplicaciones-imprescindibles-para-mac-osx/]is a "must"[/url] for me. Very soon, I hope to do a full review in spanish for my blog.

[quote="salling"]Sorry about the incomplete description. Here's what to try:

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote][/quote]
Jan Nev

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for reopen this threat, but I have to say that after sometime using this solution, the sailling clicker is unstable, sometimes connect correctly, sometimes not.

I would like to know if there will be a future upgrade for the people that are using Windows Mobile 6 with this Bluetooth stack in order to run properly.

Thanks

Jan
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not aware of any specific WM6/Broadcom issues. If there are such issues, and you can demonstrate how to reproduce them, they'll surely be addressed in an update.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Jan Nev"]Sorry for reopen this threat, but I have to say that after sometime using this solution, the sailling clicker is unstable, sometimes connect correctly, sometimes not.

I would like to know if there will be a future upgrade for the people that are using Windows Mobile 6 with this Bluetooth stack in order to run properly.

Thanks

Jan[/quote]
Jan Nev

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]If there are such issues, and you can demonstrate how to reproduce them
[/quote]

One of them is that I have to put that my PH is using WM5, when I really use WM6, because if I use WM6 Sailling clicker doesn't recognize my BT.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no difference between the WM5 and WM6 versions of the Salling Clicker client. It's just that there's no Broadcom option with WM6, because at the time the setup assistant was made, I thought Broadcom was dead for WM devices; apparently, it's not.

So, if you have a WM6 device with Broadcom Bluetooth, use the WM5 setup in Salling Clicker.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Jan Nev"][quote="salling"]If there are such issues, and you can demonstrate how to reproduce them
[/quote]

One of them is that I have to put that my PH is using WM5, when I really use WM6, because if I use WM6 Sailling clicker doesn't recognize my BT.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: