FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

N95 issues thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dingaling

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: N95 issues thread Reply with quote

I wanted to start this thread to record several issues using Salling Clicker with a Nokia N95 device. I am sure there are others.

1. Clicker crashed Symbian a couple of times. Not unusual for the N95 as it happens with several programs. My N95 is running v11.0.26 Symbian Series60 3rd Edition (In Tools>Dev Mgr and Applications>About) with Java ME 2.0 CLDC 1.1. The N95 itself is Rev 3.5.64

2. Connecting via Wifi works but is pretty unstable for my setup. I use a BT Homehub WiFi router, with WPA encryption. When I connect the N95, it seems to connect, then often hangs doing something simple and even cause the PC to drop its connection. I think this is something to do with the secure WPA setting I have, because the PC often drops out on its own anyway (it has a Belkin PCI wifi card).

3. Remote controlling the PC Server doesn't seem to work if there is a dialogue box to navigate. I expect this is expected behaviour.

4. Remote control doesn't seem to work if someone else is at the PC - again like (3) this is probably to be expected.

5. Connecting with Bluetooth to my laptop all works great.

I will try connecting to my laptop via Wifi when I am home and check that out.

-ding
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

1 & 2 appear to be because of generally unstable WiFi in your setup. I recommend upgrading you phone to v20 firmware to see if that helps.

I do not understand what you mean by 3 & 4.

The N95 is currently the most commonly used device with Salling Clicker, and I've had very few support requests that aren't due to the user's inability to correctly configure WiFi access from the device.

Best.
--
Jonas
soldstatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, I use the n95 (hong kong manufactured version, but all updated and stuff).

As far as 3 goes, i think I know what you mean. Some sort of dialog box pops up that you have to click something on in order to continue, but you don't initially just have the ability to click ok or ignore all dialog boxes. Instead you might try using the mouse pointer feature, and use the number 5 on your phone's keypad to simulate a left click. (unless you're talkin about a dialog box that salling clicker brings up, like when your editing settings or something)

As for 4, I bet you have to have your version of Salling clicker installed. And then if paired of wifi you have to have the correct passcode to get it to work. If someone else boots the computer and logs in, salling clicker may not start automatically. Also, if it does start automatically, it may be their installation or running as that user, and so not remember your settings / passcode.

I don't think either of these are really big problems, but at least for number 4 there are workarounds if my interpretation of what you said was correct.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: