FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Reconnect fails after disconnection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reconnect fails after disconnection Reply with quote

Hi
Im pretty new to using SC

My phone (nokia 6234) connects fine the first time, however if I disconnect and then try to reconnect I get the following error:

[i]Connect Failed - Salling Clicker does not appear to be launched on the computer.[/i]

If I quit SC, and the restart it on my computer, then I am able to connect again

using xpp-sp2, SC3.5.0.860, widcomm bt

any help would be much appreciated
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Reconnect fails after disconnection Reply with quote

Does this happen regardless of how long you wait between the disconnect and the reconnect attempt?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="stone"]Hi
Im pretty new to using SC

My phone (nokia 6234) connects fine the first time, however if I disconnect and then try to reconnect I get the following error:

[i]Connect Failed - Salling Clicker does not appear to be launched on the computer.[/i]

If I quit SC, and the restart it on my computer, then I am able to connect again

using xpp-sp2, SC3.5.0.860, widcomm bt

any help would be much appreciated[/quote]
stone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Reconnect fails after disconnection Reply with quote

It seems to be that way.
I normally try to reconnect immediately after disconnecting.

Normally I lose the connection because I have wandered out of range, but the problem also happens if I choose to disconnect.

Thanks

[quote="salling"]Does this happen regardless of how long you wait between the disconnect and the reconnect attempt?

Best.
--
Jonas

[/quote]

Update:
I discovered that when I toggle the bluetooth authentication setting in SC (on or off - it doesn't matter), I am able to connect once, however if I then disconnect, I am not able to reconnect again.
Could there be a problem with the phone or SC authentication that was stopping the reconnect before?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Reconnect fails after disconnection Reply with quote

That is an interesting discovery. When you change that setting, the Bluetooth "listener" is re-cocked, which would have a similar effect as restarting the application itself.

What version of the Widcomm stack do you have there?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="stone"]It seems to be that way.
I normally try to reconnect immediately after disconnecting.

Normally I lose the connection because I have wandered out of range, but the problem also happens if I choose to disconnect.

Thanks

[quote="salling"]Does this happen regardless of how long you wait between the disconnect and the reconnect attempt?

Best.
--
Jonas

[/quote]

Update:
I discovered that when I toggle the bluetooth authentication setting in SC (on or off - it doesn't matter), I am able to connect once, however if I then disconnect, I am not able to reconnect again.
Could there be a problem with the phone or SC authentication that was stopping the reconnect before?[/quote]
stone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: Reconnect fails after disconnection Reply with quote

It is Widcomm bluetooth 4.0.1.2101
Execution mode: elevated
Bonjour: enabled

Thanks
jonathon
Olivanov

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had connection problems with the nokia wireless presenter (widcomm stack). Then i changed the power settings under device manager->the usb root hub your dongle is put in rightclick->properties -> energy options (you can see your dongle when you have selected the right root hub)->and then "no energy savings" (dont know how it is called on an english system-mine is german).
stone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Reconnect fails after disconnection Reply with quote

Thanks Olivanov

that seems to have solved the problem
much appreciated

Jono
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: