FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Xbox 360 compatibility?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nutsorters

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Xbox 360 compatibility? Reply with quote

Does anyone know whether the Salling software supports Xbox 360? Or whether this functionality might be available in the future?

p.s. I have a Nokia N82...

Thanks
soldstatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mind you I am in no way involved or even acquainted with developing/developers of the salling clicker in any way.

I doubt that this will ever happen. I have a 360, and I know that there is a "media remote" you can buy, and it would be totally awesome if the clicker could work, but it won't happen.

For one, the clicker requires (not sure about EVERY instance but for the most part) two pieces of software be installed. The first is a "server" side program on the hosting PC (or in your case you'd want to install the "server" on the xbox). And as we pretty much all know, microsoft is scared as hell about letting homebrew and other apps onto the xbox. So you probably won't be able to get a server side program installed, so you're out one there.

The other problem is that the xbox doesn't really use bluetooth. You wouldn't be able to connect a phone directly to the 360 (except MAYBE over wlan network). One might be able to use some sort of PC application to go from phone to Salling clicker to some sort of interpreter to the adapter microsoft sells that lets you use remote/controllers on your pc.

probably not gonna see it, but it would be awesome.
pfrench69

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about compatability with the orginal Xbox running Xbox Media Center?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: