FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

How to use SendVirtualKeystroke in VBS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mihail

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: How to use SendVirtualKeystroke in VBS? Reply with quote

I'm trying to use this function with VBS, but the script does not start - somewhere error.

[code:1]Dim nWh, sCode

sCode = "0x41"

nWh = FindWindow( "Notepad", "" )
ActivateWindow( nWh )
SendVirtualKeystroke( sCode, false, true, false, false ) ' Ctrl + A[/code:1]
it does not working... i think the problem is - as i know VB cannot declare variables as hex - for example u cannot declare sCode = 0x41; you must use string... is that right?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: How to use SendVirtualKeystroke in VBS? Reply with quote

Hello,

You cannot pass a string into that function. Instead, convert from hex to decimal like so: 4 * 16 + 1 = 65. I.e. pass 65 as a number.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Mihail"]I'm trying to use this function with VBS, but the script does not start - somewhere error.

[code:1]Dim nWh, sCode

sCode = "0x41"

nWh = FindWindow( "Notepad", "" )
ActivateWindow( nWh )
SendVirtualKeystroke( sCode, false, true, false, false ) ' Ctrl + A[/code:1]
it does not working... i think the problem is - as i know VB cannot declare variables as hex - for example u cannot declare sCode = 0x41; you must use string... is that right?[/quote]
Mihail

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I did not know that the function SendVirtualKeystroke supports decimal key code. Also, I searching on the Internet that the VBS declaration hex-variable must be with prefix "&h" ie = 0x41 &h41 ..
Now, I encountered a new problem .. boolean variable is not working too :D ie, I can not refer to the function parameters [code:1]SendVirtualKeystroke (&h41, false, true, false, false)[/code:1] What then could be the reason?

Certainly, i could use:
[code:1]SendVirtualKeyDown( &h11 ) ' ctrl
SendVirtualKeyDown( &h41 ) ' a
ClearKeyboardState()[/code:1]
but i want to understand, what wrong

----
update

i also can not use Enumerators, because as i know in VBS to use it you must know name of section, for example i can not use
[code:1]ShowMessage ("Hello World", NoIcon, -1, 1000)[/code:1] i must use something like this [code:1]ShowMessage ("Hello World", enumVisualsIcons.NoIcon, -1, 1000)[/code:1] but it not working too :(
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using 0 and 1 instead of false and true. Also, use the number values instead of the enumeration names (you can find the number values here: http://www.salling.com/Clicker/windows/APIDocs/html/index.html)

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Mihail"]Thank you, I did not know that the function SendVirtualKeystroke supports decimal key code. Also, I searching on the Internet that the VBS declaration hex-variable must be with prefix "&h" ie = 0x41 &h41 ..
Now, I encountered a new problem .. boolean variable is not working too :D ie, I can not refer to the function parameters [code:1]SendVirtualKeystroke (&h41, false, true, false, false)[/code:1] What then could be the reason?

Certainly, i could use:
[code:1]SendVirtualKeyDown( &h11 ) ' ctrl
SendVirtualKeyDown( &h41 ) ' a
ClearKeyboardState()[/code:1]
but i want to understand, what wrong

----
update

i also can not use Enumerators, because as i know in VBS to use it you must know name of section, for example i can not use
[code:1]ShowMessage ("Hello World", NoIcon, -1, 1000)[/code:1] i must use something like this [code:1]ShowMessage ("Hello World", enumVisualsIcons.NoIcon, -1, 1000)[/code:1] but it not working too :([/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: