FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

ATT W580i after unbranding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamZegan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: ATT W580i after unbranding Reply with quote

I post about once a year. my tech ability is about 4 out of 10. mostly i just read to find solutions. i had a hard time finding anyone with the ATT w580i running SC. from what i've read i had but two choices, unbrand my new phone, or give up on using salling clicker. being a mac user i read over the directions on how to unbrand my phone 1000 time over the last two days. it required me to use windows xp on a pc. i've almost never used a windows machine before. after flip flopping back and forth i decided that these devices (my ibook and my w580i), should be able work the way i need them to. the bottom line is that salling clicker works on the w580i if it's unbranded. i unlocked it first but that doesn't do it. unbranding flashes att's software off your phone replacing it with the original sony's os. java security issues don't pop up. yes there are warrantee issues along with a million warnings. i suggest you read them all. in the end, the phone is yours, fully functional or as a brick. my personal opinion is that it's a better phone without the att software anyway. i got most of my information from the att forums. all i did was free, but here are pay-sites that do it to if your squeamish. i will admit that i had some fear but the end result is a fully working phone and a fully working SC. here's the is the link which includes files along with stories of horror and joy http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=sonyericsson&thread.id=33627
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: