FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

SendVirtualKeys seems flaky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
operaman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: SendVirtualKeys seems flaky Reply with quote

I've been having a wonderful time this evening playing with Clicker; it's so much fun and it works so well!

But I'm having problems with the SendVirtualKeys function.

By default, my VLC player (v0.8.6d for Windows) uses shift+left/right arrows to make rewind/fast forward a few seconds.

I find the handle for the VLC instance, "activate" it and send it keystrokes using the "SendVirtualKeys".

Specifically the line looks like:
[code:1]SendVirtualKeystroke( 0x25, true, false, false, false );[/code:1]

This technique works fine when sending control+up/down for volume, but it doesn't seem to work with the shift keys.
I can change the keyboard shortcuts in VLC to not involve the shift key and that works, but I really want to stay with the default shortcuts.

Also, I've sending keystrokes like this to a Notepad instance.
It's funky. I'd expect shift+right arrow to select one character right of the cursor just like when you press shift and right arrow in Notepad.
Instead it acts like it's just sending the right arrow keystroke.

What am I missing?

I've attached my bit of code in case someone wants to see this in action.
The SendVirtualKeyStroke lines I'm talking about are in the VLC Remote\VLC Remote.js file.

Thanks in advance!

My Clicker Scripts - VLC.zip
 Description:
A few changes to someone else's scripts (and it looks like a prev author modified Clicker's BSPlayer script)

Download
 Filename:  My Clicker Scripts - VLC.zip
 Filesize:  10.52 KB
 Downloaded:  735 Time(s)

My Clicker Scripts - VLC.zip
 Description:
A few changes to someone else's scripts (and it looks like a prev author modified Clicker's BSPlayer script)

Download
 Filename:  My Clicker Scripts - VLC.zip
 Filesize:  10.52 KB
 Downloaded:  439 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: