FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Changed bluetooth card and stacks-still looks for bluesoleil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrdavros

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Changed bluetooth card and stacks-still looks for bluesoleil Reply with quote

My clicker won't connect now that I've changed dongles :(

I'm using a Nokia N95 to connect to Clicker.

I was previously using a Bluesoliel stack and cheapo dongle to connect, but that became too unreliable, so I bought an internal bluetooth module (dell 355) for my Dell Inspiron 9400 which uses the Broadcom drivers, firmware version 2.1.216.367.

The internal module has been working fine with everything else, except Salling Clicker, which keeps looking for the Blue Soleil stack.

version 3.5.0.860
----------------------------
Support Information
Soleil Bluetooth (1,6,0,0): Dead; restart salling clicker
execution mode: Elevated
Bonjour: Enabled
-----------------------------

I have re-installed clicker on my phone and computer, tried to search for a preference file that I could delete that might reset it to use the Broadcom stack but to no avail. Salling doesn't let me use the bluetooth at all, and refuses to let me send the client to my phone over bluetooth, yet I can send the .SIS application to my phone using windows.

I have tried to use wireless to connect to my computer successfully, but I am a teacher who moves to new wireless networks everytime I change classroom, and I would prefer to have some of the bluetooth functionality.

Is there anything that I can do?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This problem is due to lingering BlueSoleil DLLs in your WINDOWS\system32 directory. IVT's uninstaller is flawed in that it doesn't remove all DLLs.

Look for the file "btfunc.dll" and trash it. Then restart Clicker.

Best.
--
Jonas
Mrdavros

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

That's by far the swiftest reply I've ever had for support. Thanks Jonas, that worked a treat.

I had thought that it might be something to do with an untidy uninstall of the bluesoleil stack - their software is truly awful.

I couldn't delete the file, so I've had to make do with changing the name and extension for the moment, but clicker seems to work fine.

Thank you again,

Mr D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: