FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Blackberry Bold
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingdude

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Blackberry Bold Reply with quote

Will Salling Clicker be available for use with the Blackberry Bold through WiFi?
dreier112

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Clicker be available for the BB Bold at all? I just got equipped with such a phone by my employer and, quite frankly, I do not want to not to be able to use it as a remote for my lovely old iBook.

Ok, I agree it's about time that I also swap my old iBook for a new Mac or so, but that's a different story :o)

Thanks a lot so far for this great piece of software.
mjustins

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: It Does Work (Kind of) Reply with quote

I was able to load the JAR/JAD files from www.salling.com/ota on my Blackberry Pearl flip. It connects to the computer and works very well, except for the two soft key buttons (no blackberry equivalent). I'm looking for a key combination to mimick the softkeys, but no luck as yet. Phone events aren't supported, but I can still use the ball and click to scroll through, play and pause itunes. The number keys also work as the D-Pad, so I can rate, and I've been able to fast forward and rewind.
jacix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: www.salling.com/ota not working Reply with quote

I tried to donwload the jar/jad files onto my Bold but the URL www.salling.com/ota is giving me a 404 error. Is there another URL that would work or any other way to retrieve the files?
paulcarless

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Blackberry Bold Reply with quote

The link www.salling.com/ota deffinately doesn't work. Does anyone know where I can downlaod the jad/jar files that [b]mjustins[/b] used? thanks.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he miswrote the link. It's got to be:

http://www.salling.com/wap

Best.
--
Jonas
paulcarless

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Blackberry 8900 Reply with quote

Hi Jonas, thanks that link worked, but all I got was a page saying that the 8900 lacks the features required to use our java clinet. Is there another way to get the Java client? The 8900 runs the same OS as the Bold so it should work fine. many thanks Paul
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Blackberry 8900 Reply with quote

I'm afraid I'm unable to help you out, as I don't have any Blackberry devices myself (at this point). Perhaps mjustins will be able to fill you out on the details?

If you access the page from your computer's browser, you'll be able to download the JAR/JAD files, if you want to experiment with alternate modes of installation.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="paulcarless"]Hi Jonas, thanks that link worked, but all I got was a page saying that the 8900 lacks the features required to use our java clinet. Is there another way to get the Java client? The 8900 runs the same OS as the Bold so it should work fine. many thanks Paul[/quote]
paulcarless

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Blackberry Bold/8900 Reply with quote

Hi Jonus, I managed to install the JAR file manually and get Clicker working via Bluetooth. It would be really good if we could get a version specifically for the BlackBerry platform especially as most of their new devices have WIFI on them.

There are development tools available for BlackBerry applications where you do no need an actual device...one is BlackBerry JDE. I have access to most BlackBerry devices and am more than happy to test them for you.

If I could get Salling Clicker working properly on my BlackBerry I would finally have that illusive all-in-one device!! Thanks Paul
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Blackberry Bold/8900 Reply with quote

I picked up a Bold today, so I will start experimenting with support.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="paulcarless"]Hi Jonus, I managed to install the JAR file manually and get Clicker working via Bluetooth. It would be really good if we could get a version specifically for the BlackBerry platform especially as most of their new devices have WIFI on them.

There are development tools available for BlackBerry applications where you do no need an actual device...one is BlackBerry JDE. I have access to most BlackBerry devices and am more than happy to test them for you.

If I could get Salling Clicker working properly on my BlackBerry I would finally have that illusive all-in-one device!! Thanks Paul[/quote]
paulcarless

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Blackberry Bold/8900 Reply with quote

Hi Jonus, that's greta news for all the Blackberry users out there who, like me want to use Salling Clicker on their handhelds! Let me know if you need any testing done.

Thanks

Paul
jbarrios

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will gladly serve as a beta tester as I got a new Bold today and this app is the first one I came to install after I saw it on a friend's computer. The wifi connectivity would be great and i hope you can get past the missing soft-key setup. As soon as I'm happy that it works for me, i will gladly buy your product!
LouisC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it works on a Bold, it should work on a Pearl as well. Looking forward to it (:
paulcarless

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Blackberry Reply with quote

Hi Jonus, hope you are well. Just wonderd how you were getting on with the new Blackberry client? If you need me to test on any other devices (Pearl, 8900, 8320, Bold etc) let me know. Thanks Paul
fs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas,

Please let us know if you need tester for the BB client. I have switched to a Bold from an E61 and would be glad to help. In fact, I'm very interested, since I use Clicker back from 2004 and I'm missing it on Bold.

.fs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: