FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

works with any other HTC phones?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgardner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: works with any other HTC phones? Reply with quote

does this work with any other htc phones? What's so different about the diamond pro? Don't they all run windows mobile?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: works with any other HTC phones? Reply with quote

[b]EDIT: The G1 is now compatible, so most of the content in this thread can be ignored. Just make sure to check "Use for USB storage" on your G1 and connect your phone to your computer (with Salling Media Sync running).[/b]

It's a matter of testing, really. WM wasn't supposed to be supported at all in the first release, but I happened to have a Touch Diamond (not the Pro) to test with, and things worked so well that I felt it was worthwhile to add it to the list.

Now, as for other WM devices, it's going to come down to a number of things:

The device must support common iTunes file formats by means of a good media player that comes pre-installed on the device.

The device must support at least "usb mass storage". I understand Windows Mobile may in the future support MTP (which is why I don't plan to add support for RAPI/ActiveSync), at which point we should be able to use that instead.

3. I need some other bits of information to add the device to the application configuration.

If 1 and 2 apply to your device, please contact me so I can see what can be done, okay?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="rgardner"]does this work with any other htc phones? What's so different about the diamond pro? Don't they all run windows mobile?[/quote]

Last edited by salling on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI 1: We now (as of 1.0.1) detect all HTC devices in Mass Storage mode, so the Touch Pro, for instance, should work as well.

FYI 2: Version 1.0.2 will bring a couple of goodies to HTC Touch users. Stay tuned!

Best.
--
Jonas
esinclai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonas-

[quote="salling"]FYI 1: We now (as of 1.0.1) detect all HTC devices in Mass Storage mode, so the Touch Pro, for instance, should work as well.
[/quote]

I'm not a customer yet - I tried this with my Nokia N95-3 and was suitably impressed, save that the audio on the N95 was a bit... weak, so I haven't used it since.

Anyway, I'm in the process of upgrading to an HTC Dream (T-Mobile G1), and wondered if you had expectations that the Mass Storage mode in that device would be supported, or plans to trial the other Media Sync features for this?

If you make a beta list, I expect there's a couple-three of us interested...

-Eric
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the G1 supports USB mass storage, and mounts on the computer desktop, we should be able to make it work reasonably well (assuming the phone's media player is capable of playing typical iTunes content).

Please let me know if you're ready to test this out. You can send me an email using the email button (above/below this message).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="esinclai"]Hi Jonas-

[quote="salling"]FYI 1: We now (as of 1.0.1) detect all HTC devices in Mass Storage mode, so the Touch Pro, for instance, should work as well.
[/quote]

I'm not a customer yet - I tried this with my Nokia N95-3 and was suitably impressed, save that the audio on the N95 was a bit... weak, so I haven't used it since.

Anyway, I'm in the process of upgrading to an HTC Dream (T-Mobile G1), and wondered if you had expectations that the Mass Storage mode in that device would be supported, or plans to trial the other Media Sync features for this?

-Eric[/quote]
grantbarrett

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Works great with T-Mobile G1 and Android Reply with quote

I just want to confirm that this software works great with the T-Mobile G1 running the Android operating system. It's a painless install and the fact that it automatically syncs when the device becomes availabe on the desktop is the clincher.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some more info now. Judging from reports by grantbarrett and others, the G1 works well with Salling Media Sync. I'm probably going to add the G1 to the compatibility list later today.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="esinclai"]Hi Jonas-

[/quote]

-Eric[/quote]
esinclai

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: HTC G1 functional Reply with quote

[quote="esinclai"]Anyway, I'm in the process of upgrading to an HTC Dream (T-Mobile G1), and wondered if you had expectations that the Mass Storage mode in that device would be supported, or plans to trial the other Media Sync features for this?[/quote]
By way of update, (though my emails to the support address bounced a week or so ago) I've this week been able to try the unregistered software out - it detects and copies files to the G1 correctly.

What would be very neat is if there were some way to interrogate the device and determine if songs had been played it, and increment the playcount in iTunes appropriately on sync. Is this on the wishlist already?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: HTC G1 functional Reply with quote

Hi,

Unfortunately, due to limitations in straight USB mass storage access, we really have no solid way of figuring out if tracks have been played on the device.

It is on the road map for devices that might support this kind of stuff, however.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="esinclai"][quote="esinclai"]Anyway, I'm in the process of upgrading to an HTC Dream (T-Mobile G1), and wondered if you had expectations that the Mass Storage mode in that device would be supported, or plans to trial the other Media Sync features for this?[/quote]
By way of update, (though my emails to the support address bounced a week or so ago) I've this week been able to try the unregistered software out - it detects and copies files to the G1 correctly.

What would be very neat is if there were some way to interrogate the device and determine if songs had been played it, and increment the playcount in iTunes appropriately on sync. Is this on the wishlist already?[/quote]
tbot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Sprint Touch Diamond Reply with quote

So I have been unsuccessful in getting Media Sync to detect that the phone is plugged in. I have selected the USB Mass Storage option and the phone mounts to the desktop, but media sync doesn't do anything after it shows the correct select option to choose for whatever phone. I've tried restarting my powerbook G4 running leopard and have yet to have any success. Any recommendations?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Sprint Touch Diamond Reply with quote

Hi,

I suspect Sprint found it appropriate to bless their branded version of the Diamond with their own set of Usb vendor ids. Could you please check in System Profiler for the USB product and vendor ids when your phone is mounted on the desktop?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="tbot"]So I have been unsuccessful in getting Media Sync to detect that the phone is plugged in. I have selected the USB Mass Storage option and the phone mounts to the desktop, but media sync doesn't do anything after it shows the correct select option to choose for whatever phone. I've tried restarting my powerbook G4 running leopard and have yet to have any success. Any recommendations?[/quote]
tbot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a screen shot of system profiler, but....

The product id is:

0x0c2e

The vendor id is:

0x0bf8

Picture 1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  143.82 KB
 Viewed:  13532 Time(s)

Picture 1.png

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@tbot:

Interesting. For some reason that can't quite understand, they're using a Fujitsu Siemens Computers USB vendor ID for this phone.

Please place the attached file in:

~/Library/Application Support/MediaSync/

And restart the application.

Your phone should now be picked up.

Best.
--
Jonas

HTC MSC.transportConfig
 Description:
Config file with added suppor for Sprint Touch Diamond

Download
 Filename:  HTC MSC.transportConfig
 Filesize:  5.74 KB
 Downloaded:  604 Time(s)

tbot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be difficult, but I followed your instructions and am still having issues. One thing I did notice was that I didn't have the MediaSync folder in the directory where you said it should be, so I just created it, dunno if that is an issue with my problems as well.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake. The folder should be:

~/Library/Application Support/Salling Media Sync/

Here's where you put the transportConfig-file (above). Don't forget to restart the app after doing this.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="tbot"]Not to be difficult, but I followed your instructions and am still having issues. One thing I did notice was that I didn't have the MediaSync folder in the directory where you said it should be, so I just created it, dunno if that is an issue with my problems as well.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: