FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Error with N95 8GB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayTay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Error with N95 8GB Reply with quote

A previous sync fell over somewhere and whenever I try and sync now it can't remove the already copied tracks. It works if I manually delete the MediaSync folder from the device but this isn't ideal. The log says:

*** SYNC STARTED : 2008-09-11 22:53:32 +0100
Error - Error when removing "Number One".
Error stack: err=2 (PTP Layer error 2002: LIBMTP_Delete_Object(): could not delete object.)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this happen whenever any track is deleted (I'm asking, as you said you have tried manually removing tracks from the phone)?

2002 is a general error coming from the communications layer, so it doesn't say much.

My recommendation, whenever stuff like this happens is to try and solve the problem from the phone-end. I.e. try restarting the phone, taking the card out and putting it back in (let it sit there for a while before syncing, as the phone may need some time to index it properly). In worst case, formatting the card should help.

I look forward to hearing what works, as I haven't seen this error with an N95 (yet).

Best.
--
Jonas
JayTay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebooting did the trick which is a relief as the 8GB N95 doesn't have a removable memory card and I didn't much fancy backing up and formatting it!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very glad to hear it did. BTW: the restart trick should be useful for other users with similar problems (even using different phones).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="JayTay"]Rebooting did the trick which is a relief as the 8GB N95 doesn't have a removable memory card and I didn't much fancy backing up and formatting it![/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: