FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Feature Request: Shuffle option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moo24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Feature Request: Shuffle option Reply with quote

It'd be great to get a Shuffle/Auto-fill option in cases when the library (or selected playlists) is bigger than the capacity of the phone.

i.e. If my library is 30GB and my phone only has a capacity of 2GB, I can select the shuffle option, which will randomly pull songs from my library or the playlists I've selected and move them over to my phone.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Shuffle option Reply with quote

The currently supported method of doing this would be to create a smart playlist that contains random tracks up to the desired number of MB/GBs.

I agree an "integrated" solution would be very nice to have, and I'd like to actually do better than random, but I have to do some more thinking before I jump on it.

I think it comes down to how you organize your music. I know some people really like to build playlists, while others search or browse for music. Also, some people like random, others want to have full albums. There's a lot to think about.

One idea: I think iTunes 8 may have made playlists a bit more interesting to you (it did the trick for me). The Genius playlist feature makes it really easy (and kind of fun) to make playlists that could be selected for syncing in Salling Media Sync.

Summing it up: thanks for the feedback; it's something I'm looking into.

Cheers.
--
Jonas

[quote="moo24"]It'd be great to get a Shuffle/Auto-fill option in cases when the library (or selected playlists) is bigger than the capacity of the phone.

i.e. If my library is 30GB and my phone only has a capacity of 2GB, I can select the shuffle option, which will randomly pull songs from my library or the playlists I've selected and move them over to my phone.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: