FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Problem connecting over wifi with winmo 6.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gadi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Problem connecting over wifi with winmo 6.1 Reply with quote

I have upgraded my att tilt to winmo 6.1 (stock rom). I can connect to the salling clicker server over BT but not over wifi. the clicker client sees the server (finds the computer on the network) but the connection attempt fails on timeout. this happens with either network list or direct IP address access. BT connection works well.

On the windows machine clicker listens on the designated port (52131) - verified with tcpview from sysinternals and netstat.

the script log only shows an itunes related error.

Please note that it was working well with winmo 6.0.

any idea?

thanks

Gadu
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem connecting over wifi with winmo 6.1 Reply with quote

The app has been tested to work fine on Windows Mobile 6.1 (for example, with the Touch Diamond).

The problem you're describing sounds like a firewall issue. Could this possibly be the case?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="gadi"]I have upgraded my att tilt to winmo 6.1 (stock rom). I can connect to the salling clicker server over BT but not over wifi. the clicker client sees the server (finds the computer on the network) but the connection attempt fails on timeout. this happens with either network list or direct IP address access. BT connection works well.

On the windows machine clicker listens on the designated port (52131) - verified with tcpview from sysinternals and netstat.

the script log only shows an itunes related error.

Please note that it was working well with winmo 6.0.

any idea?

thanks

Gadu[/quote]
gadi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem connecting over wifi with winmo 6.1 Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]The app has been tested to work fine on Windows Mobile 6.1 (for example, with the Touch Diamond).

The problem you're describing sounds like a firewall issue. Could this possibly be the case?

[/quote]

To test I installed the salling server on a couple of systems (Windows XP and Server 2003) and on two different networks. the problem is always there (the servers do not have firewall installed).

Any info that I should be looking for (or activating more logging)?

thanks

Gadi
gadi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the test systems were accessible with winmo 6 before upgrading the tilt to winmo 6.1 (stock rom from HTC). Also, firewall is turned off.

thanks

Gadi
gadi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did another test - used windows telnet to access the server machine port - telnet successfully connected to the port on the server (telnet on machine A to server on machine B).

the salling ppc client fails on attempting to establish a connection to the same server (any test machine).

Any log on the ppc i can look for?

thanks

Gadi
Levi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I think I can add to this thread as its basically the same issue as mine (although I have no bluetooth), although with different hardware.

Systems - vista ultimate 64bit with sp1, fujitsu siemens n520 running windows mobile 5. Using built in firewall, fixed ip on desktop on 'private network' and using avg antivirus.

My pda has the same issue as the above poster with time outs preventing connection while using wireless.

I've been trying to find out what the issue could be and I've found the below:

- The default ports on the pda and the desktop client are different (pda - 5353 iirc , desktop 52131) - I've manually set these and can now get them to connect intermittently.

- The desktop program is blocked on start up (if set to run at boot) by vista's defender - I have to manually tick this to allow for run.
Also as salling continues to be listed in defenders software explorer with 'Not yet classified' which I believe means it hasn't been given a signed certificate which vista 64bit requires.

- connection between pda and desktop over wireless is fine as I can access shared folders on desktop.

- I don't have this issue with xp pro sp3 (dual boot so same hardware) and I have the exact same configuration in the built in firewall.

If you have any suggestions for me to try I'm more than willing to give it a try as when it does decide to work its still a very good program (although the interface could do with an update or alternative skins as its looking a little dated now on my pda :)).

Thanks
Levi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok obviously you missed my posting in this thread (seeing as you answered all the later ones), I'll see if a bump gets me anywhere, if not I'll start a new thread on the topic.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

How did you determine that the default ports were different on the computer and the PDA? 5353 is used for automatically detecting computers on your network to connect to. 52131 is the port used for the actual connection.

Apologies for your security software blocking the app. I expect to release a signed version of the app once I've figured out how to get rid of our Wise Installer dependencies.

It may be useful to turn on verbose logging "LogLevel" = 4 in the registry settings for Clicker. We'll log into the application data directory.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Levi"]Ok obviously you missed my posting in this thread (seeing as you answered all the later ones), I'll see if a bump gets me anywhere, if not I'll start a new thread on the topic.[/quote]
Levi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Hi,

How did you determine that the default ports were different on the computer and the PDA? 5353 is used for automatically detecting computers on your network to connect to. 52131 is the port used for the actual connection.

Apologies for your security software blocking the app. I expect to release a signed version of the app once I've figured out how to get rid of our Wise Installer dependencies.

It may be useful to turn on verbose logging "LogLevel" = 4 in the registry settings for Clicker. We'll log into the application data directory.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Levi"]Ok obviously you missed my posting in this thread (seeing as you answered all the later ones), I'll see if a bump gets me anywhere, if not I'll start a new thread on the topic.[/quote][/quote]

Ports: can't remember completely but the pda said the 5353 port while trying to detect/connect. Checked the desktop and it had greyed out 52131. As soon as I changed to manually assigned ports, it actually connected first time (I only have one system running salling), changed it back to auto and had issues again.

The security software is built into vista 64bit, its slightly more secure than 32bit and due to ms being in my opinion a bit daft I can't manually assign a program to be let through, it needs to be ok'd by ms.

I'll turn on the logging and post when I have something, but as I'm not using salling too often (due to the issues) it may be a while before I post anything.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Fair enough. I'd be interested in having you help out testing a signed version of the application.

Best.
--
Jonas
Levi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]I'd be interested in having you help out testing a signed version of the application.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

That would be fine, just give me a shout via pm or on the email I signed up with as that will probably get to me the quickest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: