FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Salling Clicker Wont Connect On Windows Start Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
we87

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Salling Clicker Wont Connect On Windows Start Up Reply with quote

I am running Windows XP SP2 with a Generic Bluetooth USB adapter, running the WIDCOMM Drivers.

I get both the pc side, and the phone side to work together just fine. However, whenever the PC boots up, both Clicker and the bluetooth drivers load up, but Clicker just hangs on "Connecting To Phone...." and does nothing. I have to manually close clicker, and re-open it. Once I manually open it, it connects no problem.

Its almost like Salling Clicker is getting loaded into Windows before the Bluetooth Drivers are... If that makes sense... Thats just my guess anyhow...

Can anybody point me in the right direction on getting this fixed? Usually, it wouldnt be that big of a deal to re-open the program everytime the PC loads, but this is being used in a CARPC so it is vital that everything works on boot. The less I have to fiddle with the PC while driving, the better ;) lol

Thanks In Advance.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Salling Clicker Wont Connect On Windows Start Up Reply with quote

You might want to consider reverting to the Microsoft stack. It's generally more stable than Widcomm, IMHO.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="we87"]I am running Windows XP SP2 with a Generic Bluetooth USB adapter, running the WIDCOMM Drivers.

I get both the pc side, and the phone side to work together just fine. However, whenever the PC boots up, both Clicker and the bluetooth drivers load up, but Clicker just hangs on "Connecting To Phone...." and does nothing. I have to manually close clicker, and re-open it. Once I manually open it, it connects no problem.

Its almost like Salling Clicker is getting loaded into Windows before the Bluetooth Drivers are... If that makes sense... Thats just my guess anyhow...

Can anybody point me in the right direction on getting this fixed? Usually, it wouldnt be that big of a deal to re-open the program everytime the PC loads, but this is being used in a CARPC so it is vital that everything works on boot. The less I have to fiddle with the PC while driving, the better ;) lol

Thanks In Advance.[/quote]
we87

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I use the Microsoft Stack, I cant use Salling Clicker... the Microsoft Stack doesnt give me the option for COM Ports... Perhaps I am not setting it up right, but I have never had any success with the Microsoft Stack. Thats why I use WIDCOMM.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be that your Bluetooth dongle isn't supported by the MS stack? The MS stack should work with all Bluetooth hardware based on CSR chipsets. You might want to look into this.

There's no need to set up COM ports with Salling Clicker.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="we87"]When I use the Microsoft Stack, I cant use Salling Clicker... the Microsoft Stack doesnt give me the option for COM Ports... Perhaps I am not setting it up right, but I have never had any success with the Microsoft Stack. Thats why I use WIDCOMM.[/quote]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. I may have found a work-around for you.

There's a registry setting for Salling Clicker that lets you increase our delay before we start touching the widcomm stack:

BootTimeDelay

You'll find it among the other Clicker registry settings. Please let me know how this goes, okay?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="we87"]When I use the Microsoft Stack, I cant use Salling Clicker... the Microsoft Stack doesnt give me the option for COM Ports... Perhaps I am not setting it up right, but I have never had any success with the Microsoft Stack. Thats why I use WIDCOMM.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: