FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

[+] Problem -> Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bits | SE P1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josedaniel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: [+] Problem -> Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bits | SE P1 Reply with quote

Hello people, I want to expose my strange problem to all of you so maybe someone can help me, but first, I must set some actors:

1) My phone Sony Ericsson P1 that Iīll call P1
2) My friendīs phone QTek S200 with windows mobile that Iīll call Qtek
3) My laptop, Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bits
4) Wifeīs laptop, Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits
5) My friendīs desktop PC with Windowx XP

So, the problem is that I can't connect my P1 to My Laptop over WiFi, but, I can connect my phone to My Wifeīs Laptop and to my Friendīs Desktop without a problem, so, anyone could think my phone is not the problem, and in fact, I think its not. My friend's Qtek S200 connects to My Laptop using an option to manual input the computer address, so when he inputs the address, he can access my computer without a problem, even with the firewall on! that option is not in the UIQ client.

it seems that for some strange reason my laptop is not discovered from my phone (or other's phones), and sometimes, when it finds the laptop, canīt connect, even with the firewall off... I got a timeout connection message!

I have tried many thing but... what do you think about this guys?

PD: bluetooth is not an option, I need to connect using WiFi. Thanks!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the very clearly written report.

I have some followup questions:

1. When you ran the test on your wife's laptop and your friend's desktop pc, were these tests using the same wireless network as when you tested against your own computer?

2. We're using similar methods as iTunes uses in its "Sharing" feature to detect the computer. Would you be able to launch iTunes on you and your wife's computers, turn on iTunes sharing, and see if they can both easily see each other? Every time?

Best.
--
Jonas
josedaniel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonas, my answer to the questions are:

1) Yes, all the computer were in the same wireless network when I ran the tests.

2) I haven't tried iTunes in any machine, but I have tried Powerpoint, and in both cases I been able to search for files in the host PC or laptop without any problem, even in my own laptop using my friends phone (QTek), I don't fully understand what you want me to do with iTunes, in fact, I don't have any iPods so I don't have iTunes installed in any machine. is there other way to test what you want to?

Thanks for the help!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Thanks.

Would you be able to give things a try when your laptop is connected via a wire instead of wireless?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="josedaniel"]Hi Jonas, my answer to the questions are:

1) Yes, all the computer were in the same wireless network when I ran the tests.

2) I haven't tried iTunes in any machine, but I have tried Powerpoint, and in both cases I been able to search for files in the host PC or laptop without any problem, even in my own laptop using my friends phone (QTek), I don't fully understand what you want me to do with iTunes, in fact, I don't have any iPods so I don't have iTunes installed in any machine. is there other way to test what you want to?

Thanks for the help![/quote]
josedaniel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: It Works, but... Reply with quote

Hello Jonas, I did what you wanted, and it works, I mean, I plugged my computer to the network (with a network wire) and the software worked even with the firewall on, so now comes the big question, what is the difference between have it wired or wireless?

It is nice to see it working but it is useless unless I can use it wireless...

Thanks for your time and patience, sorry to answer until now but I been busy, and after this I got you another one for the bluetooth... but I'll make another thread for that.

:roll:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: