FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

App repeatedly crashes in Vista (SOLVED in 1.0.1)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dimpleshit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: App repeatedly crashes in Vista (SOLVED in 1.0.1) Reply with quote

Here's the error report:

Product
Salling Media Sync

Problem
Stopped working

Date
08/09/2008 21:51

Status
Not Reported

Description
Stopped working

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: salling media sync.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.329
Problem Signature 03: 48a3e706
Problem Signature 04: MSCTransport
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.329
Problem Signature 06: 48a3e6f3
Problem Signature 07: 96
Problem Signature 08: 0
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6
Locale ID: 2057

Latest iTunes and Vista up to date SP1
Something to do with .NET?
Any ideas?

Capture.JPG
 Description:
Screenshot
 Filesize:  25.97 KB
 Viewed:  9277 Time(s)

Capture.JPG

salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your report contains little tangible information. How do I reproduce this problem?

For what it's worth, the app is tested under Vista (both 32 and 64-bit).

EDIT: Specifically, it would be very helpful to know when this happens. Is it when the application is idle? When you connect your phone? During synchronization? Can you reproduce the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Best.
--
Jonas
dimpleshit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this is Vista 32 on a Sony SZ5 laptop, a clean system which is up-to-date in Windows terms.

The app never even gets to properly start so I can't tell you about its modes.
The taskbar icon appears (but greyed) when I try to start the app, and the crash happens at this point (see screenshot above). The Windows error report is all I could think to provide.
I don't see any blocks in Comodo Firewall. Even so I disabled its Defense+ security mode while testing. It happens repeatedly, including following fresh system restarts. I have yet to successfully start the app without a crash.

I typically also have Skype, Nokia PC Suite, Google Calendar Sync & Gmail notifier running however the crash still happens when I close all auxiliary apps.

Tell me what else I might be able to provide and I'll endeavour to comply.

Thanks.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Thanks.

Most baffling. Would you be able to create a directory "Logs" in the application folder? Then try launching again. Email me the log that is hopefully generated in the "Logs" directory.

I think we should continue this debugging effort via email. Please send the log to support AT salling DOT com, and I'll take it from there.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="dimpleshit"]Ok, this is Vista 32 on a Sony SZ5 laptop, a clean system which is up-to-date in Windows terms.

The app never even gets to properly start so I can't tell you about its modes.
The taskbar icon appears (but greyed) when I try to start the app, and the crash happens at this point (see screenshot above). The Windows error report is all I could think to provide.
I don't see any blocks in Comodo Firewall. Even so I disabled its Defense+ security mode while testing. It happens repeatedly, including following fresh system restarts. I have yet to successfully start the app without a crash.

I typically also have Skype, Nokia PC Suite, Google Calendar Sync & Gmail notifier running however the crash still happens when I close all auxiliary apps.

Tell me what else I might be able to provide and I'll endeavour to comply.

Thanks.[/quote]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to let you know we've found the cause of this problem.

The issue is related to non-USB card readers (i.e. some built-in readers) tripping up the application . I have a fix tested and ready for this, and it will be released shortly.

EDIT: Version 1.0.1 fixes this problem.

Best.
--
Jonas
rcadden

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see a prompt fix. However, using the download link on the front page, I'm still having an immediate crash with Vista 64-bit and Salling Media Server, even with Salling MS set to run in compatibility mode.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Are you getting a crash log in the Windows crash panel? That might help narrowing things down.

For what it's worth, there should be no need to run in compatibility mode (using Vista 64-bit myself), and the app is built for all the Vista bells and whistles (i.e. no virtualization required etc).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="rcadden"]Glad to see a prompt fix. However, using the download link on the front page, I'm still having an immediate crash with Vista 64-bit and Salling Media Server, even with Salling MS set to run in compatibility mode.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: