FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

win media sync on nokia n96

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skijacklam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: win media sync on nokia n96 Reply with quote

hi, i have been using the windows free version of media sync with my nokia n96. the transfer speed for the free version is around 1MB/s just wondering what speed would this increase to if i purchase the full version?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: win media sync on nokia n96 Reply with quote

Hi,

In free mode, whenever syncing new or updated content to the device, Salling Media Sync will re-copy all previously synced content as well...

... so, if you've previously synced a lot of content with Salling Media Sync, subsequent syncs will take significantly more time than just adding new or updated media content.

From this, I hope it is now clear how syncing is faster when the application is registered. The transfer speed does not (and cannot) be increased. We just optimize things to transfer less stuff.

Cheers.
--
Jonas

[quote="skijacklam"]hi, i have been using the windows free version of media sync with my nokia n96. the transfer speed for the free version is around 1MB/s just wondering what speed would this increase to if i purchase the full version?[/quote]
Chiliblue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the usb transfer speed but the sync would be faster as it would only be updating rather than completely rewriting the entire library over every time.

I am just a user but it was a no brainer for me to get full version. I didn't like the idea of copying over 4gb of music on to the internal flash of my N95 8GB every couple of days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: