FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

SE W960i partly works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djchem

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: SE W960i partly works Reply with quote

Some of the music in the playlists is transferring but not all of it. I think the playlists are nit transferring properly and hence the music is not going across. I can't seem to see a pattern, genius playlists seem fine but normal ones and smart playlists are not. Ho Hum :?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I really need some pattern to know what's going on here.

My initial guess would be that some of your playlists have DRM:ed tracks in them. These tracks won't transfer, and hence won't be in the synced playlist on your phone.

You could check in the phone's file manager to see if the tracks that are missing were transfered to the phone at all.

You should also check the sync log for any messages indicating that we had to skip any tracks during the sync.

Best.
--
Jonas
djchem

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there are any drm'd tracks. Certainly one of the playlists that does not transfer properly does not have any in as it has my daughter's nursery rhymes on ripped from CD :( I have checked to see if the tunes have transferrred at all and they have not. I will look at the log and get back to you, thanks for replying.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to your report.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="djchem"]I don't think there are any drm'd tracks. Certainly one of the playlists that does not transfer properly does not have any in as it has my daughter's nursery rhymes on ripped from CD :( I have checked to see if the tunes have transferrred at all and they have not. I will look at the log and get back to you, thanks for replying.[/quote]
djchem

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Nothing in the log really. I changed my daughter's smart playlist and in the log it did say it was Updating the list but it didn't copy any new tunes.

It did copy the changes to my recently played playlist.

There seem to be large discrepancies between how many songs are in my playlist on my mac and on my phone e.g. I have a 2007 playlist on the mac with 342 tracks and it only has 35 on the phone, none have DRM. Ar folders a problem? I have several lists grouped in one folder, although my daughters is not one of these so that could not be the problem in that case.

Frank
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folders is not a problem. Did you check with the phone's file manager, like I last asked you to?

Best.
--
Jonas
djchem

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. The songs are not transferring at all. I had a look at the .m3u files on the phone and not surprisingly they have the tracks listed that are in the playlists on the phone and not on itunes.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please do this:

1. Compress your music library XML file and email it to me (use the button below)

2. Tell me one track that should transfer but doesn't. Also, let me know what Playlists you have selected to sync.

FYI: as I already mentioned, we don't sync DRM:ed tracks. We also won't sync tracks whose source files are not accessible, or tracks using audio codecs the phone won't know how to deal with (such as Apple Lossless).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="djchem"]Yep. The songs are not transferring at all. I had a look at the .m3u files on the phone and not surprisingly they have the tracks listed that are in the playlists on the phone and not on itunes.[/quote]
djchem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: It now work Reply with quote

:D :D :D :D :D

Having completely wiped the phone during an upgrade and a a sync with mediasync it now seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks for the help Jonas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: