FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

TerraTec Home Cinema 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
routerrebooter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: TerraTec Home Cinema 5 Reply with quote

Hello Community,

I'm using Salling Clicker since a few months (Winamp-Script). Great Tool - I'm excited ! ;)

I bought an external TV-Card a few days ago. Now my idea is to control the Terratec-TV-application (TerraTec Home Cinema 5.x) via my PDA (HTC Universal) & Salling Clicker. This would be great because i only need one Remote Control for Winamp, TV and so on...

The TerraTec Application offers the possibility to control it via Telnet (integrated Telnet-Server) ...

Now my idea was to write a script or batch-file for each TV-channel which starts a telnet-session to 'localhost' and places the right telnet-command. This scripts woukld be called from Salling Clicker.

Unfortunately this is a very complex (one script for each channel / username & passwort is required via telnet) way to control the TV-application.

Has anyone a better idea how i can solve this problem?
Or has anyone a completed version of a script to control the application?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Markus
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're correct in your analysis. The best would be if the TV app had a scripting API (ActiveScripting). While trying out your telnet options, I recommend also filing a feature request with Terratec.

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: