FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Nokia 5800 xpressmusic
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 5800 XM running v20 firmware, synced and downloaded podcast episodes show up here:

Music -> Music Player -> Podcasts ->

Podcast episodes downloaded on the phone shows up here:

Music -> Podcasting ->

I hope this works for you too.

Btw: I've tested Media Sync with all three 5800 firmwares, and worked on all. I'm thinking maybe there was some corruption issue with your 5800 that got resolved in the update. Either way, I'm happy to hear you got it sorted out.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="spansrao"]Finally, it works
As suggested by you, I tried with a different PC but again the same problem
I realised the problem was with the phone and tried to check the software version and found out that I had not updated the software and which I did and Salling now works.
Now I shall upgrade as I find that the free version takes too long by removing all the songs etc., and copying them all over again.
Just one point. In the case of songs, it syncs them as per the options given by me but I do not think it works the same way in the case of podcasts.
In 5800 XpressMusic, we have this Podcasting through which the podcasts are sync'd and listened to through the Music option.
While syncing through Salling, it does not seem to be making any change to the Podcasting and the episodes to be listened to through the Musicplayer option do not seem to be the ones as selected by me.
Can you explain how the podcast syncing is done with the use of Salling and what is the role of Podcasting
Should I delete all the episodes previously selected by me in Podcasting?
Rgds
Rao[/quote]
spansrao

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing, I forgot to thank you for having helped me patiently. apologies and thanks.
Btw, regarding podcasting, do I understand that the episodes sync'd thru Salling appear in the Music Player/Podcasts whereas those that are downloaded directly i.e w/o the intervention of Salling (through my home wireless network) are in Podcasting ?
The episodes in Podcasting cannot be listened to except through MusicPlayer/Podcasts.
In brief, I want to know whether there is any relation between the episodes in Podcasting and those in MusicPlayer/Podcasts ?
anyway, thanks a million for getting me Salling right.
just a request. Can Salling tell us once the sync is completed and possibly how much of storage memory is available ?
Rgds
Rao
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid the relationship between episodes in Music->Podcasts and Podcasting is shrouded in clouds (to me at least); I would have preferred for our synced items to appear in both. The behavior seems to vary from device to device (I recollect things working slightly differently prior to Nokia adding the Podcasts item under Music).

Re: your understanding as to where the episodes end up, I think you are correct (at least for now).

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by your request?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="spansrao"]First thing, I forgot to thank you for having helped me patiently. apologies and thanks.
Btw, regarding podcasting, do I understand that the episodes sync'd thru Salling appear in the Music Player/Podcasts whereas those that are downloaded directly i.e w/o the intervention of Salling (through my home wireless network) are in Podcasting ?
The episodes in Podcasting cannot be listened to except through MusicPlayer/Podcasts.
In brief, I want to know whether there is any relation between the episodes in Podcasting and those in MusicPlayer/Podcasts ?
anyway, thanks a million for getting me Salling right.
just a request. Can Salling tell us once the sync is completed and possibly how much of storage memory is available ?
Rgds
Rao[/quote]
spansrao

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My request is in Salling Media Sync program, there is no way of knowing if the sync is completed.
Can the program give a msg saying that the sync is completed and probably indicate how much memory is still available ?
Thanks&regards
Rao
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not sure I understand...

When the sync is done, Media Sync's icon stops spinning. And the amount of memory still available is actually estimated "live" as you check/uncheck items (a true, non-estimated view is shown when the sync is done).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="spansrao"]My request is in Salling Media Sync program, there is no way of knowing if the sync is completed.
Can the program give a msg saying that the sync is completed and probably indicate how much memory is still available ?
Thanks&regards
Rao[/quote]
spansrao

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I missed the icon
As far as available memory, it is not clear if the figure being shown is available memory or used memory.
thanks again
Rgds
Rao
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Let me clarify then.

The full length of the bar represents all the memory available for synced content (i.e. the full storage minus (1) storage used for content already on the device that wasn't synced by Media Sync and (2) space reserved for camera pictures etc).

The colored areas represent the amount of storage used if the selected playlists/podcasts are synced. If there's nothing left to sync, the colored areas add up to exactly the amount of storage used by synced content.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="spansrao"]Thanks. I missed the icon
As far as available memory, it is not clear if the figure being shown is available memory or used memory.
thanks again
Rgds
Rao[/quote]
spansrao

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
But I am still searching for an answer regarding the confusion between podcasting feature and the podcast episodes in the Music Player in 5800 XM
Posts in the various Nokia forums have not get any response yet
Let me wait
In the meantime, thanks again
Rgds
Rao
Henkall

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Salling Clicker client Reply with quote

Here is a client.

Clicker_for_S60v5.sis
 Description:
This works on mine nokia 5800

Download
 Filename:  Clicker_for_S60v5.sis
 Filesize:  258.49 KB
 Downloaded:  969 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: