FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Suddenly Says Never Synchronized

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swedbass

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Suddenly Says Never Synchronized Reply with quote

My wife and I both have T-mo G1s. I plugged hers in to transfer some files. Next time I plugged mine in, SMS does not recognize my device and says it has never been synchronized. Second time I did this my Mac experienced a serious error and I was prompted to restart the computer by pressing the power button - that has never happened before.

The SD card of my G1 still has the MediaSyncDeviceID file and there is no reason to believe it has changed.

How can I fix this without having to first delete all the synced files (14GB, about 30 mins worth of syncing) and start over?

MediaSyncDeviceID.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MediaSyncDeviceID.txt
 Filesize:  40 Bytes
 Downloaded:  751 Time(s)

salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Suddenly Says Never Synchronized Reply with quote

Hm. Check this folder for an ID identical to that in the ID file you attached:

~/Library/Application Support/MediaSync/

I suspect you'll find more than 2 folders in this directory (this would explain what you're describing).

I don't know about "hooking up" your phone to an old profile/ID, but you should be able to attempt this by modifying the contents of the ID file to use one of the IDs given in the folder above (just make sure to avoid your wife's ID).

My take on why this might have happened is that perhaps there's an issue with the file system on your phone's card, causing an inability to read the ID file when you connected it after your wife had used the application.

Using multiple phones does not in itself constitute a problem.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="swedbass"]My wife and I both have T-mo G1s. I plugged hers in to transfer some files. Next time I plugged mine in, SMS does not recognize my device and says it has never been synchronized. Second time I did this my Mac experienced a serious error and I was prompted to restart the computer by pressing the power button - that has never happened before.

The SD card of my G1 still has the MediaSyncDeviceID file and there is no reason to believe it has changed.

How can I fix this without having to first delete all the synced files (14GB, about 30 mins worth of syncing) and start over?[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: