FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Samsung Omnia i900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omnia-mb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Samsung Omnia i900 Reply with quote

Hi Gents,

Great site, I am having some troubles getting the software to detect my phone, its a WM6 device and its currently set for Mass Storage Mode, but it still fails to detect it, iphoto opens up no problem.

I checked the Vendor id's and they are Samsung USB Drivers.... I have been trying to find a solution to sync itunes for a while, so have tried pretty much every app out there, so there could be some stuff lurking around from other apps, drivers etc.... but I have tried my best to clear everything out.

Thanks
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Samsung Omnia i900 Reply with quote

Hi,

Please put the attached file on your phone's storage (when mounted on your computer). Then restart Salling Media Sync.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="omnia-mb"]Hi Gents,

Great site, I am having some troubles getting the software to detect my phone, its a WM6 device and its currently set for Mass Storage Mode, but it still fails to detect it, iphoto opens up no problem.

I checked the Vendor id's and they are Samsung USB Drivers.... I have been trying to find a solution to sync itunes for a while, so have tried pretty much every app out there, so there could be some stuff lurking around from other apps, drivers etc.... but I have tried my best to clear everything out.

Thanks[/quote]

Omnia MSC.transportConfig
 Description:
Goes onto your phone's storage.

Download
 Filename:  Omnia MSC.transportConfig
 Filesize:  5.53 KB
 Downloaded:  1792 Time(s)

Pohoho

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: iPhoto and even XP can't "see" the photos! Reply with quote

Strangely, it still can't work for me :(

Phone mounted as an Untitled Drive and I saw the DCIM/100SSCAM folder where all the photos are but iPhoto still can't pick them up though it started on it own. Drop the config file exactly in Untitled. (Hope I did it correctly)

Strangely, I mounted it on an Win XP machine as a Removable Drive and saw the same folders but can't see the files. Think it might have something to do with it being a FAT format storage.

How's my 252 friends doing with this?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: iPhoto and even XP can't "see" the photos! Reply with quote

Hi,

Salling Media Sync does not (at least not currently) help with iPhoto import, so your message is slightly off-topic. Still, I'm hoping someone will be able to help you with your question.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Pohoho"]Strangely, it still can't work for me :(

Phone mounted as an Untitled Drive and I saw the DCIM/100SSCAM folder where all the photos are but iPhoto still can't pick them up though it started on it own. Drop the config file exactly in Untitled. (Hope I did it correctly)

Strangely, I mounted it on an Win XP machine as a Removable Drive and saw the same folders but can't see the files. Think it might have something to do with it being a FAT format storage.

How's my 252 friends doing with this?[/quote]
Pohoho

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Thanks Jonas! Reply with quote

I see, million thanks still Jonas for the great work. Syncing podcasts and playlist music was a breeze :-)

There's a warning about podcasts may not be playable with H.264/AVC Baseline Profile Level 3 vs "Level 2.1" supported by device but they played alright so enjoy folks!
Pohoho

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: iPhoto reads Omnia now! Reply with quote

Great news! All thanks to the confusing My Storage (ie phone's 8Gb storage) vs Storage card :-P

Previously, under WM's "Settings", "My USB Connection Mode" setting was previously set to Activsync. Selected "Mass Storage" and then "My Storage" (where the photos are stored on my phone) and Viola! iPhoto now sees all the photos!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: