FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Sync music & Playlists

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkriedel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Sync music & Playlists Reply with quote

I'm using v. 1.02 (177) of Salling Media Sync for Mac to sync my iTunes library up with my T-Mobile G1. The syncing all works fine.

Recently, I purchased a 16 GB micro SD card that enables me to sync my whole library, so I told Media Sync to "Sync all music"

However, this doesn't sync the actual playlists, too, it seems. Is there a way for it to do both?

It'd be nice for playlists I created in iTunes to sync down, regardless whether or not I'm syncing my entire library anyway.

Just to show, I'm attaching a screenshot from the android device (depicting a lack of playlists) and a section from my iTunes library, showing that there are indeed playlists to be sync'd (blurred, to spare everyone from my terrible taste in music ;) )

Thanks!

itunes.png
 Description:
iTunes Library
 Filesize:  30.53 KB
 Viewed:  6136 Time(s)

itunes.png

android.png
 Description:
Android Device
 Filesize:  10.82 KB
 Viewed:  6136 Time(s)

android.png

salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. (incidentally, this is why the UI says "All music" and not "All music and playlists ;-))

I'm looking at fixing this.

Best.
--
Jonas
mkriedel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Indeed. (incidentally, this is why the UI says "All music" and not "All music and playlists ;-))

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

Awesome- thanks for looking into it. On a somewhat unrelated note, something I noticed today as well:

I spent some time cleaning up my iTunes library. Specifically, I added years to a lot of songs that didn't have them (thus updating ID3 tags, etc). I'm not sure of the internals involved in detecting changes to metadata, then syncing those files down again, but is that possible?

Thanks for a great product, though. It really does a good job of meeting the bulk of my syncing needs.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mkriedel"][quote="salling"]Indeed. (incidentally, this is why the UI says "All music" and not "All music and playlists ;-))

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]

Awesome- thanks for looking into it. [/quote]

Fixed! Playlists are now included when you select to sync "All music". The fix is available in version 1.1 beta 2 (enable "Check for beta versions" in the application preferences).

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: