FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

PC Client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Sam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: PC Client Reply with quote

My understanding of Salling Clicker is that it will allow you to use different pda and phone devices to control your pc/mac. Is there a PC client that will allow me to do the same thing? I would like to have a single machine that all it does is play music running Salling Clicker. Then I could use Clicker on my PC to access and change what is playing. In the future I can see getting a pda to also control what is playing, but I would like to currently control the other machine with my PC (and also mac).

I installed the trial but I all can see is how to pair it with pda/phone devices, not other PC's.

GS
KingMario

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you can run a pda simulator in ur other pc
jonkol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Would like this feature as well Reply with quote

Agree: It would be great with a native PC client.
My main reasons is that I use laptops and UMPCs in my house a lot and to control the mediacomputer with these would be great!
I can always do remote desktop, but the simple interface of Clicker would be great.

Thanks

/Jonas
Brevi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also very much appreciate a pc client!! I mean how hard can it be, considering you wrote a client for Windows Mobile, Java, Symbian etc.
Regards
Brevi
tcurtin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: How about a web-based client? Reply with quote

I posted a similar question but on the mac side:
http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6532

How about this - a web-based client? That would be the best of both worlds - open up a small browser window with the clicker client in it and voila - cross-platform compatibility! Not to mention, you'd be adding any smartphone to the list of clients instantly.

What do you say Salling?

(BTW, I'm a bit biased - I recently picked up a Palm Pre, which I love, but I'm very much missing my Clicker! I know this obviously wouldn't give the proximity ability, but would give home automation, itunes control, and more.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: