FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Playlist sync with N97

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brunopais

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Playlist sync with N97 Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Concerning the music and Podcasts sync I'm very happy with your product, but the sync of the playlists isn't working very well in my N97. Sometimes it creates the playlists, other times create the m3U file but without content and other times doesn't even create the playlist.

I have tried small playlists with less than 10 entries and the problem still occurs. Can you help me here?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Playlist sync with N97 Reply with quote

Hi,

We don't create m3u files with the N97 (or other S60 phones).

One thing to keep in mind: with this phone, we don't include podcast episodes or videos in playlists. Perhaps this is what you're experiencing?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="brunopais"]Hi guys,

Concerning the music and Podcasts sync I'm very happy with your product, but the sync of the playlists isn't working very well in my N97. Sometimes it creates the playlists, other times create the m3U file but without content and other times doesn't even create the playlist.

I have tried small playlists with less than 10 entries and the problem still occurs. Can you help me here?[/quote]
brunopais

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Playlists in N97 Reply with quote

Why not? That would be a killer fact here. I already have the premium version, but could be a decisive factor for new customers.

I can see that if I have a folder called Kinoma (I first discovered this when I transfered the card from a HTC touch with Kinoma installed) I can sync in mass storage mode and then the files are created. When I try to open them, I get an error saying that the file is corrupt. Looking to the file , I guess the problem comes from the special characters in the path and filenames. Is this something you are aware of?

Regards,

Bruno
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Playlists in N97 Reply with quote

Okay. That'd explain why m3u files are created. You should remove the Kinoma folder, so as to avoid device treatment not suitable for Nokia devices.

These m3u files work great in Kinoma, but the Nokia software has other requirements.

If you want to use mass storage mode with the N97, I suggest you try this method instead:

http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6704

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="brunopais"]Why not? That would be a killer fact here. I already have the premium version, but could be a decisive factor for new customers.

I can see that if I have a folder called Kinoma (I first discovered this when I transfered the card from a HTC touch with Kinoma installed) I can sync in mass storage mode and then the files are created. When I try to open them, I get an error saying that the file is corrupt. Looking to the file , I guess the problem comes from the special characters in the path and filenames. Is this something you are aware of?

Regards,

Bruno[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: