FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

How to return Sony Walkman NWZ-s639 to regular USB mode-Mac?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinkoos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: How to return Sony Walkman NWZ-s639 to regular USB mode-Mac? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm still evaluating whether I want to purchase this software or not. In the interim, I wanted to add a couple of videos to my Walkman, but can't do it unless I re-sync the whole 16GB.

Is there a way to return the Walkman to it's normal state that allows it to show up as a USB drive on the Mac desktop so I can just drag the couple of video files on there?

I'm assuming that just un-installing the Salling Media Sync Application will not do that.

There is no menu item within the Walkman's interface that I can find that allows the change either.

If I ultimately decide not to use this software, there must be an easy way to get the Walkman back to it's normal state (I'm guessing that is MSC?).

Thank you in advance.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: How to return Sony Walkman NWZ-s639 to regular USB mode- Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, there's a way to re-enable mass storage support for this device. What you need to do is remove this file (and reboot):

/System/Library/Extensions/SonyWalkmanMSCDisabler.kext

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="pinkoos"]Hi, I'm still evaluating whether I want to purchase this software or not. In the interim, I wanted to add a couple of videos to my Walkman, but can't do it unless I re-sync the whole 16GB.

Is there a way to return the Walkman to it's normal state that allows it to show up as a USB drive on the Mac desktop so I can just drag the couple of video files on there?

I'm assuming that just un-installing the Salling Media Sync Application will not do that.

There is no menu item within the Walkman's interface that I can find that allows the change either.

If I ultimately decide not to use this software, there must be an easy way to get the Walkman back to it's normal state (I'm guessing that is MSC?).

Thank you in advance.[/quote]
pinkoos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Worked like a charm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: